Dog Blogs

Their, adj,the possessive form of they,used before a noun

There,adv. in,at,to,or into that place.

I'm sorry I just get annoyed by the Americanization of our culture being forced onto us by the internet, though it has been going on a lot longer than that.

and I get annoyed at seeing this bs all the time

i love how you used a "z" btw :rofl:

Edited by Cat

yeah, that was Sandgrubber's intent...join a dog forum over many years, makes thousands of posts, just to turn us Aussies into Yanks.

BTW, the difference between their and there has nothing to do with Amercianisation, so I don't know what you're on about.

This is a dog forum. If you want to correct basic English all the time I suggest you become a primary school teacher.

Sandgrubber ask a question about there and their, I answered it. Get your heckles down, I just get annoyed that every time I spell it right in the Queens english an american spell check tells me I am wrong, end result is that in years to come every one will spell it the american way, I am not having a go at american people.

Apologies. I'm embarrassed about loosing my temper, but I do so sometimes. I was paid to be picky about grammar, spelling and usage for many years and I never liked the role. It p's me off to be criticised, or should I say criticized, for using one Americanism. Guess there's a bit of a bull breed about me :). It's hard to ignore a perceived attack.

Thanks to those who have brought the thread back on topic. I'll try to do a summary someday . . . giving people a set of links to blogs worth trying.

[interjections in square brackets].

btw., Mervin, that should have read 'Sandgrubber asked [tense wrong] a question about 'their' and 'there'; [full stop or semi colon, not comma. Use either quotes or italics to set their and there apart from the rest of the text. Btw, I did not ask a question. The difference between the two words is clear, and the same in US and UK English]. I answered it. Get your hackles down. [Heckles, in US or British English, relates to abuse of a public speaker . . . most often seen as heckling. Hackles, or perhaps haeckles in older versions of English, refers to the hair on a dog, or other animal's neck]. I just get annoyed that every time I spell it right in the Queen's English [English is a proper noun and should be capitalised . . . or capitalized . . . and you missed the apostrophe in Queen's], an American spell checker tells me I am wrong. End result is [tense?] that in years to come everyone will spell it in the American way. I am not having a go at the American people.' [No? Then are you attacking me, personally?]

PLEASE learn the Queen's English, find a British spell checker, and stop attacking people [by which I mean, me] over trivial spelling differences that have nothing to do with dogs.

Guess I'm still mad.

yeah, that was Sandgrubber's intent...join a dog forum over many years, makes thousands of posts, just to turn us Aussies into Yanks.

BTW, the difference between their and there has nothing to do with Amercianisation, so I don't know what you're on about.

This is a dog forum. If you want to correct basic English all the time I suggest you become a primary school teacher.

Sandgrubber ask a question about there and their, I answered it. Get your heckles down, I just get annoyed that every time I spell it right in the Queens english an american spell check tells me I am wrong, end result is that in years to come every one will spell it the american way, I am not having a go at american people.

Edited to correct minor punctuation errors.

Edited by sandgrubber

Apologies. I'm embarrassed about loosing my temper, but I do so sometimes. Being picky about grammar, spelling and usage was part of my employment for many years and I never liked the role. It p's me off to be criticised, or should I say criticized, for using one Americanism. Guess there's a bit of a bull breed about me :). It's hard to ignore a perceived attack.

Thanks to those who have brought the thread back on topic. I'll try to do a summary someday . . . giving people a set of links to blogs worth trying.

btw., Mervin, that should have read 'Sandgrubber asked [tense wrong] a question about 'their' and 'there'; [full stop or semi colon, not comma. Use either quotes or italics to set their and there apart from the rest of the text. Btw, I did not ask a question. The difference between the two words is clear, and the same in US and UK English]. I answered it. Get your hackles down. [Heckles, in US or British English, relates to abuse of a public speaker . . . most often seen as heckling. Hackles, or perhaps it's haeckles in older versions of English, refers to the hair on a dog, or other animal's neck]. I just get annoyed that every time I spell it right in the Queen's English [English is a proper noun and should be capitalised . . . or capitalized], an American spell checker tells me I am wrong. End result is that in years to come everyone will spell it in the American way. I am not having a go at the American people.' [No? Then are you attacking me, personally?]

PLEASE learn the Queen's English, find a British spell checker, and stop attacking people over trivial spelling differences that have nothing to do with dogs.

Edited to correct minor punctuation errors. [interjections in square brackets].

I'm sorry, I wasn't attacking you. I wasn't attacking anybody. I thought you were asking a question, my mistake. But you you have put me back in my place, good for you.

Edited by Mervin