Dried Cow Hooves

sas

Erik and Kivi say GOOD! But only under supervision. We don't find that they are too hard. They make some good cracking sounds now and then, but mostly the boys soften them up just by chewing on them for a long time. But sometimes towards the end one of the dogs will get it stuck on the roof of their mouth between the top two rows of teeth. The dogs nearly always have access to one or two. They are just the thing for lying down after a meal and having a chew. Gives Erik something to munch on other than dvd cases. They do smell, though.

I much prefer sheep horns if you can get them...pretty scarce at the moment. My dogs love the cow hooves but the edges are very sharp and we've had skinned noses and bloody gums from them.

Erik and Kivi say GOOD! But only under supervision. We don't find that they are too hard. They make some good cracking sounds now and then, but mostly the boys soften them up just by chewing on them for a long time. But sometimes towards the end one of the dogs will get it stuck on the roof of their mouth between the top two rows of teeth. The dogs nearly always have access to one or two. They are just the thing for lying down after a meal and having a chew. Gives Erik something to munch on other than dvd cases. They do smell, though.

Boof n Lil like them, they don't go nuts for them, there are a number floating around the back yard that when they feel like a 'chew' they go find and just lay there nawwing on it. Never had a drama.... they are Amstaff's so most things dissappear pretty quickly!

my dogs enjoy them, but you do have to bin them when they get small enough, mine have also had them wedged between the top teeth and had to have them pinged back out again. They also smell like burning hair when they are being chewed on for awhile - but then a lot of dried animal body parts smell!

One of mine does vomit but only after going a bit overboard chewing them when a new batch arrives, just beacuse there is to much in the tum to digest

I much prefer sheep horns if you can get them...pretty scarce at the moment. My dogs love the cow hooves but the edges are very sharp and we've had skinned noses and bloody gums from them.

Oh! Where do you get those?!

my dogs enjoy them, but you do have to bin them when they get small enough, mine have also had them wedged between the top teeth and had to have them pinged back out again. They also smell like burning hair when they are being chewed on for awhile - but then a lot of dried animal body parts smell!

One of mine does vomit but only after going a bit overboard chewing them when a new batch arrives, just beacuse there is to much in the tum to digest

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, I'm just thinking of them for crate chews rather than unsupervised.

When I can get them they are from a pet food supplier here in WA. They do goat, roo, turky plus lamb beef and chicken. The sheeps horns are dried as they would really stink otherwise!!! Pretty hard to get though...I have a standing order for when they come in.

Oh! Where do you get those?!

I had a huge bag of them, my girl chewed and chewed and couln't get through one, then got thoroughly bored with it.:) I got sick of tripping over it, tried a fresh one with the same result and ended up giving the bag to the local rescue group, same deal with dried kangeroo bones bought to keep her happy on a long road trip. Think she is just too used to the fresh ones.:eat: