Shade Tops For Dog Runs

Red Fox

Does anyone here have a nylon shade cover for their dog run (as per the link below).

http://shop.vebopet.com.au/store/2-metre-single-dog-run-shade-cover-2.html

Are they any different to a normal shade sail?

Does "wind and rain proof" mean that the cover will resist rain and wind to a degree or does that mean complete protection from wind and rain?

Also interested to know if anyone has tried out these - 90cm by 30cm Plastic Floor Board for Outdoor Dog runs / play pens:

http://shop.vebopet.com.au/store/plastic-floor-boards-for-dog-run-play-pen.html

o.jpg

being that it is mesh... it certainly would not keep rain off . I am thinking they mean the actual cover will not suffer from wind or rain damage ?

Looks a good idea..provided the dog can not stand on hind legs to reach it, and scratch/bite a way out! ..or other dogs jump on it ;)

Edited by persephone

Yep, I was wondering how it would keep the rain out too.

I've been planning on buying one but saw today that Cheap as Chips have rectangular shade sails out for $25. If they are pretty much the same thing (material wise) I may as well save myself a few $$. My dog run has a weld mesh roof so no worries about the dog getting to it :)

Looks a good idea..provided the dog can not stand on hind legs to reach it, and scratch/bite a way out! ..or other dogs jump on it ;)

LOL Perse, I just had visions of dogs using the roof as a trampoline :laugh:

My dogs had a shade sail in their yard until they decided to use it as a trampoline, I nearly fell over when I walked outside to see my Newfoundland and Wolfhound X jumping around on top of the shade sail :rofl:

It got moved when my Wolfhound X Tilley realised she could use it to get out of the yard two weeks after I got her and took herself across the road to the pound, they thought it was funny that she walked up to the office and walked in to say hello. :eek:

Now there is nothing near the fence line that she can use to get over the fence.