Hmmm This Cant Be Right?

Kirislin

After many years of living with some pretty ordinary old hand me down furniture that wasn't at all inviting or comfortable to sit on I finally bit the bullet and bought myself 2 luscious sofas that should last me to the end of my days. I'm just thrilled with them, there's plenty of room for me and all 5 whippets, and guests if they happen to visit. Why is it then that last night I ended up laying on the floor to watch tv because it was easier than having all 5 whippets on top of me?

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:laugh: we have big comfy arm chairs and you can guarantee that I'll end up with 3 or more dogs on and around me when I sit to watch tv, I have a pic somewhere, I'll see if I can find it! Obviously the pups think your new furniture is awesome!

I always end on sitting on the floor too. Charlie is 5kg and Emmy is 7kg and they are small. Both of them take up a 3 seater couch.

I often wonder how that happens. I have a new 2 seater lounge coming tomorrow, but I have a feeling that I will still end up on the floor, like always :o

I have(had!)a lovely 3 seater leather lounge that I did buy second hand but in perfect nick.Now with two greyhounds I found myself sitting on the single seater while they lounge away in comfort.A friend was moving and asked if I would like his lounge.I thought perfect I get my lounge back.The dogs were so excited when we squished the new lounge into my small loungeroom.Of course they were excited now they had a lounge each!!!!!And where am I?Still perched up on the bloody single chair! :laugh:

I have(had!)a lovely 3 seater leather lounge that I did buy second hand but in perfect nick.Now with two greyhounds I found myself sitting on the single seater while they lounge away in comfort.A friend was moving and asked if I would like his lounge.I thought perfect I get my lounge back.The dogs were so excited when we squished the new lounge into my small loungeroom.Of course they were excited now they had a lounge each!!!!!And where am I?Still perched up on the bloody single chair! :laugh:

we must be doing it wrong! :laugh:

LOL :laugh:

Watching telly last night and I had three Cavaliers cuddled up on and around me. It was lovely till they got up to get a drink! Brrrrrr

I recently bought a modular leather lounge with a 'chaise' end. Initially the girls were sitting on the chaise that I covered with an old doona to protect the leather but they seem to be 'forgetting' the "new lounge' rules and sneak up next to us now! ;)

Kirislin, invest in a short-legged breed & your sofa troubles will be over. Then it's only necessary to supply the biggest, softest floor cushions, with covers that get washed & changed every few days. And some soft teddy toys from Vinnies for the dogs to snuggle into. Short legs sometimes go with short muzzles, so you may also have to put up with snoring like freight trains that drowns out the TV.

But, then, maybe after all that, you might as well stay with the greys on the sofa & you on the single chair. We can't win. :)

Perhaps I should also buy one single just for me, but I could imagine myself then being crushed and trapped under the weight of 5 whippets while the 2 sofas go empty.

Edited by Kirislin

Perhaps I should also buy on single just for me, but I could imagine myself then being crushed and trapped under the weight of 5 whippets while the 2 sofas go empty.

Yes this is definatley what would happen, I have been looking for my photo but can't find it, will have to search the other pc.

Spotted D, those pics are a hoot! I hope you've got a single chair somewhere, too. :)

:laugh: That's my legs UNDER pup and cat!!! It's not unusual to have 3 cats and pup....fortunately Ziggy isn't very snuggly! We actually did have a rule 'no dogs on couches' until Em arrived as Zig was a complete ratbag as a puppy using the couch as part of his zoomie equipment. Em just got up and went to sleep. Mr TSD and I debated for ages about who was going to turf her off and we just never came to an agreement :rofl::o

ETA: Tibbies are a bit more elegant than Em I must say lol

ETA (again): Oh, and Ziggy has the single lounge chair now.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

I am not going to even try to enforce a no dogs on furniture rule, actually, I probably could if I really tried, but I bought it for all of us, and that includes whippets. I will probably throw some blankets over it to protect it a bit but I know it will get doggy marks, I am not going to stress about it.

5792299504_c4ef0205ae_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

ETA: Tibbies are a bit more elegant than Em I must say lol

Yes, but Em's eyes are saying, 'To hell with this elegance stuff. I'm all for comfort' :)

Edited by mita

Whoops I think my pics are huge! The first one is a crappy shot but you get the picture.

Kirislin, love love love your new couch, it looks so nice!

Edited by tlc