New Leather Collar

Alfie02

Hi DOLers,

So I bought a new leather collar from K9 pro about 6 months ago that was meant for my dogs birthday yesterday. So of course I just assumed it would fit, and tried it on him today and it is too big!

So I am wondering if there is anyone who can make it smaller? I have have no idea what they would be called...a leather maker?

I just want it shortened and more holes in it.

Random question I know, hope someone has an answer!

Thanks!

A saddlery would be able to do it for you if they do leather repairs. Anywhere that does leather repairs would be the go.

I had to get my ruthless cuff altered and I took it to a place that does sewing and leather and bits and peices and the guy just popped a hole and a new stud in it and away I went he only wanted $2 for the work but I gave him $5.

Edited by tlc

If all you need is a few holes punched in it, most shopping centres have places for watch repairs/shoe repairs etc, and they'll do it for cheap or some, free!

Hi DOLers,

So I bought a new leather collar from K9 pro about 6 months ago that was meant for my dogs birthday yesterday. So of course I just assumed it would fit, and tried it on him today and it is too big!

So I am wondering if there is anyone who can make it smaller? I have have no idea what they would be called...a leather maker?

I just want it shortened and more holes in it.

Random question I know, hope someone has an answer!

Thanks!

K9: Yep just email us and we will exchange it for you :)

Or you could just drill extra holes in it yourself and cut off the excess with a decent pair of sharp scissors. I've done this myself numerous times for Zeus's collars because I prefer wider collars and since he has a scrawny chicken neck the medium sized ones are too long.

I've also used scissors and a soldering iron on his woven fabric ones too; the soldering iron works wonders to burn holes through these collars!!