Changing Food

Need some advice on changing my dogs food, when he has had a recent upset tummy from a food change. His stools are much better, but still not 100%, just the last half is a a little too soft.

I trialed him on a Grain free food, hasn't worked out, so wanted to change him onto another food. Do I still use the food that has upset his tummy to gradually change over, or do I just use the new food?

I had a thought, of using just the new food, but just the same small amounts as if I was mixing it with the old, but maybe adding some of the natures gift canned that I would add sometimes.

Would this be o.k?

Edited by meluchja

If he's still got an upset tummy, I'd personally put him on a bland diet (e.g. lightly cooked chicken & rice) for a day or two until his tummy settles, then gradually introduce the new food.

Otherwise, if he was OK on the nature's gift canned, your last idea sounds OK.

If he's still got an upset tummy, I'd personally put him on a bland diet (e.g. lightly cooked chicken & rice) for a day or two until his tummy settles, then gradually introduce the new food.

Otherwise, if he was OK on the nature's gift canned, your last idea sounds OK.

Thank you, good idea. He is normally o.k. with the natures gift. Might try him on it with a little bit of the Earthborn Ocean fusion over the next few days and monitor him closely. If he stuggles I think I will do the chicken and rice diet, before trying again.

Fingers crossed this one works out, he seems to really like it, which is a good start. I've had such trouble trying to find a kibble with no chicken or chicken fat, actually I have only found 2. So I'm really hoping this one works out. Hence the reason I don't want to stuff it up from the beginning.

thanks for your help.