Has Anyone Recently Imported From Nz Into Melbourne

Zensu

Can anyone shed some light on the where/how etc of how to clear a puppy coming into Melbourne from NZ??

Thanks!

I've had 2 arrive in the last 30 days - one I took over to show at the NZKC Nationals and one was a new young dog I bought while there. Both instances were roughtly the same:

You will probably go to Qantas Freight in the Freight area (they always phone you a couple of days in advance to tell you where to go and ensure you are going to be there to accept the puppy).

When you go in, you have to get a ticket from the queue machine and wait your turn. Once your number comes up you give them the Weigh Bill number and they look it up on the computer. They produce paperwork (once the dog has been cleared by Customs and the Vet), you hand over yet more money .... between $80 - $90 (for paperwork and vet clearance).

You will then be directed through the Security Area and handed a yellow vest. You drive around in front of the building and they bring the dog to you in the crate. Do not get out of the car without a yellow vest on or Security will go ballistic at you. The process is a drama so ask at Qantas (sweetly), if someone will bring the crate over to the Office for you.

It can take a while for the dog to be cleared - one of mine was 1 hr 15 mins, the other 2 hrs 30 mins. Ridiculous but that is how it goes. Make sure you have some ID on you to - Drivers License or Passport are best.

I did have one come in last year with Virgin and it was at a different place and seemed a lot easier.

Good luck and enjoy your new pup. :)