How Is An Open Show Different To Championship

scolly

Hi...I'm very new to showing my One year old staffordshire bull terrier.I have never entered an Open Show and just wondering how it differs from a championship show? Your experienced help would be great.

Hi...I'm very new to showing my One year old staffordshire bull terrier.I have never entered an Open Show and just wondering how it differs from a championship show? Your experienced help would be great.

Open show has no points towards a dogs title. Run the same way just no points. Used to be a good way for trainee judges to get some practical experience. Not that many still have them these days. Also good for experience for new exhibitors and young dogs.

Here in Queensland sometimes there is no General Specials judged at open shows - so if you win Best of Group or Puppy of Group or whatever you don't get to compete for Best in Show or Puppy in Show etc, don't know if this is the case in NSW? Apart from the championship points as already mentioned this would be the only other difference between champ shows and open shows. Good experience and not very expensive!

Edited by Sandra777