Woman Scapled By Pitbull In Fight With Sister

Keira&Phoenix

A New Zealand woman was scalped by a pitbull after she was attacked by her sister who owns the dog.

Liz Smith, a 52-year-old from Kawerau in the Bay of Plenty, suffered puncture wounds and severe bruising in the 20 minute attack, which ended when police arrived at her sister's home, the Rotorua Daily Post reports.

Ms Smith said her sister originally attacked her before the dog joined in.

"It was not going to stop," Ms Smith told the Daily Post.

"I don't know how I'm going to get it out of my head when I go to sleep at night — I'm very lucky to have survived this."

She has since been discharged from hospital.

Ms Smith's sister, 54-year-old Philipa Bayley, appeared in Tauranga District Court charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm but was granted bail to reappear on June 3.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8253265

I don't see anywhere in the article where it actually says she was scalped....just puncture wounds and bruising.

Seriously I think they could have come up with a more appropriate headline.

If my dog saw me fighting someone, I'd fully expect her to come to the party and join in. Would be my fault for not locking her up before I had a barny, not her fault for being a dog. Wouldn't think it was headline news - that's just what dogs do. :shrug:

If my dog saw me fighting someone, I'd fully expect her to come to the party and join in. Would be my fault for not locking her up before I had a barny, not her fault for being a dog. Wouldn't think it was headline news - that's just what dogs do. :shrug:

Exactly, I would fully expect both of my dogs to jump in if I was in a fight and as you said you need to be resposnible and make sure you don't put your dog in that position.

Yeah just the sort of family you want to be a part of ay.

A New Zealand woman was scalped by a pitbull after she was attacked by her sister who owns the dog.

Liz Smith, a 52-year-old from Kawerau in the Bay of Plenty, suffered puncture wounds and severe bruising in the 20 minute attack, which ended when police arrived at her sister's home, the Rotorua Daily Post reports.

Pretty far from a scalping, I guess their ratings must be pretty low :mad

I would not be blaming the dog either In this case

LINK

Pitbull Unfairly Blamed In Attack

A campaign is underway to save the four month old pitbull puppy confiscated by the Tauranga City Council after a 52 year old woman was allegedly attacked by it.

The woman was allegedly attacked by her 54 year old sister and the dog at the weekend.

110525_Pit_bull_attack-1121-087.jpg

The 15kg accused puppy. Tauranga man Marcus de Thierry, who knows the sisters, believes the young dog is being unfairly blamed.

He says the sisters were drinking alcohol at a Welcome Bay house early Saturday morning when the alleged assault occurred.

Marcus believes the dog can only be responsible for about 20 per cent of the woman's injuries.

He is critical of newspapers and websites which are portraying the puppy as the main attacker.

"It's a pretty simple case of misusing alcohol," says Marcus.

"I think it's horrific they are trying to blame the dog."

Tauranga City Council's animal services department is holding the dog on behalf of the police.

Team leader Brent Lincoln says the dog will not be destroyed immediately.

"If the police decide to prosecute in relation to the dog, we will hold it pending the court case."

He says it will be automatically destroyed if there is a conviction, unless special circumstances are considered.

Marcus is campaigning to save the dog, and wants to have ownership of it.

He describes the puppy as a "nice natured" dog that was protecting its owner.

"He's a poor four month old pup that just was just trying to save his own mum in his own home."

110525_Pit_bull_attack-1121-083.jpg

110525_Pit_bull_attack-1121-028.jpg

Edited by RottnBullies

Makes you wonder if the allegation was made to remove the sisters pet. Wouldn't be the first time a pet got used as weapon of choice in a domestic disagreement. :(

They should be able to tell what wounds were and weren't made by a dog. I'm not saying its impossible but it sure does seem unlikely.