Bulla Amenities Show

parrotpea

Pros:

Loved the marked out walk ways - this should be a permanent edition at Bulla and KCC.

Extra bins and pooper scoopers.

Not having to queue at the window for catalogues,they had someone sitting at a table handing them out.

Friendly helpers Matt and Andrew, even cheery at the end of the day!

Friendly other helper who I do not know the names of - sorry

Lovely lady working her fingers to the bone on the computer at the office.

Stephanie Rickard walking around with a laminated picture of the raffle prize hanging around her neck.

Great stewards who we could hear and who were nice and friendly.

Cons:

Arriving at 6.05am on the Saturday to find 3/4 of the ground already taken by people who set p the night before - did not think this was allowed??? - perhaps next year they can sell off reserved spaces as a form of a fundraiser?

Having the Bulldog champ show at the same venue indoors when GS were being held, left very little space for all the dogs who needed to go inside.

Entry and catalogue stuff up - Australia Posts fault.

All in all was a great well run show, thank you to everyone who helped out in anyway shape or form! :thumbsup:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So proud of the little man Zane (Schipp) for wining RUBIG on Sunday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Even though he did beat me and Ziggy.

Yes loved the marked out walk ways.

Felt Sorry for the people selling stuff that were stuck in a mud pit. :( :(

Grp 7 had a small bit of excitement after grp judging: A small field mouse was hiding under a gazebo and came out while the owners were packing up. He/she ran around and scared a couple of ladies before hiding under a matt housing Poodles.

He/she left when they were packing up.

Upon walking past the Terrier ring I saw a Border Terrier catch a field mouse. The owner of the dog was abit squeemish to dispose of the said mouse.

BB

There where a few field mice running about.one also dared to enter the gundog area, i think a Pointer disposed of it.

There was one running about the hound ring when we where helping the committee pack up sunday

Was a great weekend until some moron holding a Bulldog let it lunge at Shimmer

The dog did it with so much intent that the dog got airborne and jumped up and bit her on the face! :mad

They did not say sorry at the time, someone had to tell them that they should :rolleyes:

Thankfully Shimmer is ok.

Oh that is no good! QLD would have a six month suspension for that behaviour!

I think the person who won the raffle number's show was in the 400's but I could not hear the PA out at group 5 very well.

The winner was an English Springer Spaniel entry :)

There where a few field mice running about.one also dared to enter the gundog area, i think a Pointer disposed of it.

There was one running about the hound ring when we where helping the committee pack up sunday

Yeah there were quite a few in the Gundog set up area, you could hear shrieking whenever one was discovered :rofl:

I thought it was a great show, very nice judges who spent time on all dogs regardless of breed (always a plus in my book!) and stewards, even if our Sunday judge apparantly upset a few exhibitors with her choices :shrug: Loved how close the planes were too, provided entertainment :laugh:

The dog did it with so much intent that the dog got airborne and jumped up and bit her on the face! :mad

They did not say sorry at the time, someone had to tell them that they should :rolleyes:

Bit hard to suspend a member of the public with their pet (not an exhibitor)

Very hard :-) should the general public be bringing their dogs to the show? Rules up here state a dog must be entered to be on the grounds. Unless they have permission from the show manager.

Very hard :-) should the general public be bringing their dogs to the show? Rules up here state a dog must be entered to be on the grounds. Unless they have permission from the show manager.

I don't think the general public should be allowed to bring their dogs along to shows.

But with that said, I sometimes take one with me who is not entered when im entered at a show.

"Very hard :-) should the general public be bringing their dogs to the show? Rules up here state a dog must be entered to be on the grounds. Unless they have permission from the show manager."

You'll find that only applies to DQ members - they can't control the general public bringing pets as it is public land.....well owned by RAS but you know what I mean...I personally think it ridiculous that the GP bring their animals to dog shows...can;t see what purpose it serves....

Edited by Fit for a King

Saw a family with a young Bernese (young boy holding the lead) create havoc allowing it go up to dogs that couldn't see it coming. 2 growling incidents didn't seem to be teaching them much. :(

It is such a difficult situation - on one hand I have some of my pet owners bring along dogs I have bred - and they are well behaved and they bring along crates because they know what I expect, and on the other hand the out of control pet on a flexi lead with owners who have no idea what basic manners are - well that just drives me insane. But when the show is on public land what control do we have?

"Very hard :-) should the general public be bringing their dogs to the show? Rules up here state a dog must be entered to be on the grounds. Unless they have permission from the show manager."

You'll find that only applies to DQ members - they can't control the general public bringing pets as it is public land.....well owned by RAS but you know what I mean...I personally think it ridiculous that the GP bring their animals to dog shows...can;t see what purpose it serves....

There used to be a rule at Durack about it (maybe it has changed) I know our Dane club never held fun days in conjunction with shows on the ground there as they were not allowed to bring their dogs. We used to do the fun days at other public grounds.

I thought it was a great weekend - even though we got dumped both days. Glad I went, wasn't sure if I was going to since I was on my own, my friend did come on Sunday so that was better, her boy won his class. Had a flat tyre on the way home Sat and was lucky to make it to a servo before any dramas - however I wasn't so lucky on Sunday - had a blow out on the other rear tyre and had to get towed home. Hubby got a mouthful from me, for some reason part of the jack was missing so we could not change it on the spot. Two new tyres fitted now so fingers crossed I won't have another flat for a friggen long time now. :laugh: So even with the added dramas coming home - I had a wonderful weekend.

I don't think the general public should be allowed to bring their dogs along to shows.

But with that said, I sometimes take one with me who is not entered when im entered at a show.

I was a witness to this that bulldog did not bite your dog ,You and your dog walked passed them a man was holding the bulldog on a lead ,The bulldog never even growled it lunged up and the owner of the dog pulled him back,There were allot of people that saw this and then the owner of the dog put it away and came back then i noticed a lady saying sorry to you ,

And when she talked to the others she said you were upset because someone made a comment on why they don't want a great Dane again and she asked the people who made the comment .This is false information your putting out there as there was allot of witness and that Bulldog did not bite your dog.