Eukanuba Or Advance?

bromaco

I had my Lab girl on advance as that's what the breeder suggested, but have started changing her to royal canine for labs. She tends to sort out the kibble and leave the advance so I'm guessing she prefers the RC :-)

My old dogs went nuts on Advance, like they were on Avgas! New pup turned her nose up at Advance (she won a bag) so I went back to Proplan. Previous dogs did well on it, never went through any palatability issues. New pup is very happy with Proplan.

Interestingly, it's a diet I don't see mentioned much on here. Manufactured in Australia, so no sitting around on docks, never heard of a dog rejecting it, and a good range to meet various dogs.

Works for my dogs, maybe worth some consideration.

My dogs thrive on Advance. I wouldn't feed them anything elsethumbsup1.gif

You have to go with whatever food your dog thrives on.

thanx benshiva, yeah i am planning to get 2 pups within 6 months of each other and one breeder does advance and the other eukanuba. But yeah i think i will change to the advance one unless anyone has any good evidence that it is no good

I am more than happy feeding Sasha Advance. After many incidents with upset tummies, Advance is the food I can reliably feed her to keep her well and healthy, and her appetite constant - with consistently firm poos. :)

It really is about what agrees best with your dog/s though.

I got a free bag of euk large puppy,and my boy seems to love it! I have also been told to feed royal canin or advance! So kind of doing my head in also :laugh:

I want the best for my little man so ill be reading all the replies!

Also is there someone who could give me a price list of the premium foods?

I got a free bag of euk large puppy,and my boy seems to love it! I have also been told to feed royal canin or advance! So kind of doing my head in also :laugh:

i have found this website

http://www.dogfood.com.au/

and have sent email 2 weeks ago and also phoned and left a message 10days ago and have not heard back from them....? But it will give you an idea on prices!

i have found this website

http://www.dogfood.com.au/

and have sent email 2 weeks ago and also phoned and left a message 10days ago and have not heard back from them....? But it will give you an idea on prices!

Don't use that site - they are scammers.

If it's for Labradors, I found Advance gave mine very runny poos and I think a few others in the lab thread experienced the same thing. I now feed my boy Great Barko (amongst other things) as it's cheap and he seems to do well on it.

My 4 labs are on Great Barko (but mostly raw / bones) and are doing really well. My boy has a sensitive tummy and it agrees with him, and my girls in whelp have done well on it to, saves having to chop and change.

Check out: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

It breaks down what the ingredients are, so you can make your own decision. From memory Euk scored 1 star, not sure about Advance.

Dory has been on Sensitive skin diets...she's a bit of a guinea pig sometimes,

Hills Sensitive Skin...did okay, but got stinky after a couple of weeks. Poos were great! Always consistant, not too voluminous and didn't smell too bad.

Eukanuba Sensitive Skin...Crap. Although Poos were similar to Hills.

Eukanuba Response....Really good, until I read it had ethoxyquin in it...freaked out and don't use now.

Advance Sensitive Skin...best for her skin condition, she stays smell free longer. HOWEVER...she poos a LOT more than she used too. Poos are pretty well formed but STINK.

We have used the Advance Cat food on Oscar The Shark Slayer (kitty kat) and... :eek: horrendously stinky for a house cat. :vomit: And a lot of it.

If it's for Labradors, I found Advance gave mine very runny poos and I think a few others in the lab thread experienced the same thing. I now feed my boy Great Barko (amongst other things) as it's cheap and he seems to do well on it.

My 4 labs are on Great Barko (but mostly raw / bones) and are doing really well. My boy has a sensitive tummy and it agrees with him, and my girls in whelp have done well on it to, saves having to chop and change.

Check out: http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

It breaks down what the ingredients are, so you can make your own decision. From memory Euk scored 1 star, not sure about Advance.

Thanx for the website but i cant even find either of the brands...? i can when i do a search but i dont know where it says how many starts it has! Thanx anyway but it looks like i might be sitting here for a while trying to find em....lol