Help With Neighbours Dog

doggonemad

Our neighbour's dog keeps digging under the fence into our yard to play with our dog. The neighbours don't give their dog much attention and rarely exercise it, so it gets bored and that is why it comes over. The digging is ruining our yard and then the dog rips up our dog's bed, pees all over our patio and digs holes in our yard also. I've spoken to them many times asking them to stop him but they just claim that they can't control him and sometimes they will then leave him on the chain for a couple of days which just makes him bark non stop. Well I've tried putting chicken wire down, tried putting poo into the holes he digs, tried citronella and even resorted to barbed wire. Unfortunately nothing deters him, he just finds a new spot to dig or happily pushes through a poo filled hole to come on over. I'm really at the end of my tether with this, it has been going on so long and they just don't care.

I'm at the point where I'm considering calling the pound to have the dog taken away, but I don't want them to do something to our dog in retaliation or make our living situation uncomfortable.

Advice needed.

I don't really know. But if it were happening to me and the neighbours weren't trying to actually rectify the issue, then i'd call the Council to let them know what was happening and get their advice/see if they could send out a warning or something.

If after that it still happens, I'd speak to the neighbours again and let them know that if it happens again you will contact the pound. I know you're concerned about your dog too, but you can't keep putting up with this, at least, I wouldn't be.

Unfortunately we can't move and we are sick of spending money trying to fix this. We have gone to great lengths to keep it out, but there is always a way.

If that's the case, you've left yourself with only one option.. council.

If THEY are renting, you could try talking to their landlord. They share responsiblity with you for the security of the fence.

Edited by poodlefan

I would absolutely report them to the council, this is so ridiculously not on :mad

If you've not started already, sit down and begin a diary of everything that has happened and update it whenever you have an incident with dates, times (where possible), damage done, etc and include pictures if you can.

I really do feel for you, a most unenviable situation. :)

I would speak to the neighbors politely and advise them if the dog came in again you will be forced to ring the council

and advising them of the dogs escape from it's property and to come and remove and impound the dog.