Free Online Will

haven

For those of you whom, like me, have been talking for years about how they ought to complete a will, Slater and Gordon are currently offering their online will for free (normally costs $150) until the 22nd of May.

I don't work for them or anything, in fact I've never had anything to do with them so I don't know if they are good or not, but I figured that it's better than nothing!

My will is pretty straight forward though, it's basically that anything I have should go to my Daughter and my body can go for freaky science experiments, if yours is likely to be very complicated then it may be best to get actual legal advice first.

Anyway, just thought I would link it for anyone who is interested :)

For those of you whom, like me, have been talking for years about how they ought to complete a will, Slater and Gordon are currently offering their online will for free (normally costs $150) until the 22nd of May.

I don't work for them or anything, in fact I've never had anything to do with them so I don't know if they are good or not, but I figured that it's better than nothing!

My will is pretty straight forward though, it's basically that anything I have should go to my Daughter and my body can go for freaky science experiments, if yours is likely to be very complicated then it may be best to get actual legal advice first.

Anyway, just thought I would link it for anyone who is interested :)

Not ready to hand in my knife and fork yet, however I have got a will, as everyone should if they care about their loved ones.

That is a very basic will which may only suit some people. There is a lot more to doing a proper will than completing a questionnaire online and having a document populated.

It might be free but expect the upsell of powers or attorney or once you have entered your details, to be told that you actually need to speak to one of their lawyers for x,y or z reasons.

They also get their money back in the end - if you leave it with them for storage then likelihood is that they'll end up with the administration of the estate when the testator dies.

Sorry but I'd question anything 'free' out of S&G...

Sorry, I had replied to this in Off Topic, but for those of you that cannot enter there yet:

The person who directed me to the site has completed an online will without issue, S&G have not tried to up sell them or charge them additional fees.

As I said, I would suggest actually getting legal advice if your will is more complicated because will issues can be nasty and expensive for your family to sort out after you die, but if you're like me and you only have one dependent and currently not a whole lot of assets then at least you can get your wishes down on paper for now, which is better than nothing!