Dog Coat? Maybe?

Another thread got me thinking about this. I don't know if it fits here or elsewhere, but this is where I'm starting!

So, Emma has had her myriad of illnesses over the past little bit. Recently she had pneumonia, ended up with a shaved chest due to testing. She's getting better but I still need to be a bit careful about her getting too chilly.

Anyway that's where a minor problem lies!!

Since being hospitalised I've been keeping her inside basically all the time so that she doesn't get cold. The other day I left her outside for about 1.5hrs (when I went to work and a friend who is staying with me I knew would be home within 2 hrs), it wasn't super cold but it was a Melbourne morning! So my friend came home to find her huddled up in a corner on the concrete. She only has 4 different cosy beds she could choose to sleep on outside!!! :confused: When my friend brought her in she was quite chilly, even deep down in her thickest fur. So I'm back to leaving her inside again as we can't afford to have a relapse with the pneumonia.

That leads me to the question... Do you put a coat on your dog when they are outside on cold days? Is there any sort of coat that may be ok for her? Emma is a long haired BC, so I'm reluctant to put a coat on her when she is not supervised by me as I also don't want her to get too hot. But I'd love for her to be outside when we have nice days (I think she misses being able to sniff around the garden and hang out with Kenzie - who is outside during the day). She's virtually blind, so sometimes gets a bit lost in the yard and just hangs out where ever she ends up. What other management strategies would you try? She can cope with being inside all day while I'm at work, but I'm thinking that it's all pretty boring!

Guest english.ivy

Itsmeg [dol member] made my Pointer a winter coat and it's awesome!!!

He'll sleep in it when it's cold here.