Oks Show Trolley What Size?

cheers Gayle~

just measured it out and a Jumbo is a bit smaller in length by say 20cms ish... than a 42inch crate? does this sound about right?

Yeah, my trolley is smaller than my crate (not sure what size the crate is though....42 inches sounds about right), but I can fit 2 adults dogs in the crate and only one in the trolley, but that's all I need as I'm only showing one dog.

Wouldn't a crate be better?

You can't pile all your stuff into a crate, wheel it to the set up area, unpack and pop the dog in, then pile everything in and wheel it back to the car at the end of the day. I love my trolley, I bloody hate the crate....it's too heavy, awkward and difficult to move and you can't groom the dog on top of it.

The trolley gives me independence, I can now go to shows without my husband! I'd only take him because I couldn't carry everything, then he'd get bored after about 10 minutes, so I found I was showing less and less because I knew he hated it. Now I can enter whatever shows I want because I can manage everything myself. I don't take a gazebo, just find a shady tree or somewhere under cover, and the trolley makes it so easy to get the grooming gear, chair, lunch etc....plus the dog.....to where I want to go.

Kasey - as gayle said.. lol makes it much easier and i considered a soft crate as a cheaper option but it would get destroyed hahaha i take the gazebo in first and set it up and then bring every thing else out piece by piece and crate last wiht the dog now i do gazebo then everything all at once!!

Yep I love my trolley. It's big, cumbersome and annoying and doesn't fit into my car properly, but I STILL bring it to every show I enter. It's just so useful - I normally chuck both dogs in the trolley (mine's fairly big), put the other crate on top, then my gazebo, chair, grooming box, etc on top of that. Wheel it all over, set up, then put the lappie in the crate because she has a bad habit of chewing up the floor in the trolley. And as Rysup said, they're fantastic to groom on top of.

I've recently bought a trolley (bargain buy for $80, pretty chuffed :D) so I can use it the same way as WhiskedAway, though sometimes I show three dogs of the same breed and it's handier having a movable crate ringside rather than setting up a crate for the whole 5 minutes we are in the ring :laugh:

hahah tollers!! good point they are much easier for everything really!! and i have seen people with proper luging trollies and a pile of metal crates and too be honest watching that saga i CBF bothering bahahah i got mine with burgundy matting and swivel wheels hope it will be here for my first show but i left it late so maybe not :S

I bought one from vebopet - I lugged around everything without a trolley for the first year, but once Caesar came along I bought a trolley - best investment ever..... only issue is it's a bit tall so grooming the adult dog on it will be a challenge. Will manage though.

As a trolley user I totally agree, most helpful for all the gear. BUT I do find that you are limited to the amount of weight you can pile on for an easy push. It's those little wheels, they tend to get stuck in soft ground. Could still be a couple of trips with a large weighted dog, but definitely easier.

We carry sooo much gear these days it always seems to be a couple of trips anyway.

First the reconicence with the mat and chairs to locate a 'spot',

then the gazebo if outdoors, then the trolley and dogs, gear,food etc.

Whatever happened to the days of man, dog and bag with brush, bowel and towel cica mid 1980's!!!! :laugh: