Barking/aggressing At Particular Dogs

I assessed a dog for a dangerous dog declaration last week that was in training and the owner was trying to work with aggression using passers by as decoys.

oh jeezus :eek:

K9: yeah I know, it really was unlucky for her...

Edited by K9Pro

And food isnt always the ultimate reward for a dog in comparison. It also doesnt always create a positive state of mind, I have had to remove food from situations because the dogs were going ballistic.

But is that emotional state or arousal? I used to refuse to train my corgi with food because she would be silly and would not be able to learn around it. I now have a food obsessive Vallhund and I think I just didn't know how to teach my corgi how to think through her arousal. Or else my Vall is just exceptionally good at it all on his own. :p A distinct possibility!

Hey everyone... So we've done a bit of searching for people in brisbane who could help us.. has anyone heard of the K9centre? It's based in QLD but is a franchise... from what the trainer says it's positive reinforcement style training, introducing the dog slowly to the problem and getting the dog in a calm state. Sounds good to us, but has anyone heard of them or know anything about them? Their website is:

http://www.k9centre.com.au/k9-centre%E2%80%99s-founder/

Cheers!