Sweepstakes

I have entered in my first 3-6 months sweepstakes tomorrow at the Hills District Kennel & Training Club show.

Are these run like a normal class?

Generally first thing in the morning? I can't find the schedule, which I know would help me :(

Also, this is my first show at Castle Hill. Any parking tips, ring layout info ect that I might find useful? I have a cattle dog.

Thanks, from a keen, already slightly hooked newbie :)

One tip.... although it probably will be really cold.... get there early for a good park.... there isn't a lot of parking down close to the rings.

sweepstakes are run first thing usually, all breeds of the same age go up against each other, you will need to go in number order, so this means that all toys will be in first, followed by terriers etc etc.. to non sporting... the schedule is on ozentries still if you wanted to have a look.

http://www.ozentries.com.au/schedule/0511hillsdistrict.pdf

3-6 months according to the schedule will probably be in the gundog ring.... which should be fairly close to the far end. Toys are usually in the undercover area, non-sporting next to it etc etc all the way to terriers down the far end.... this is what usually happens, but it could change :)

ETA: good luck - and have fun!

Edited by GoldenWei

3-6 months according to the schedule will probably be in the gundog ring.... which should be fairly close to the far end. Toys are usually in the undercover area, non-sporting next to it etc etc all the way to terriers down the far end.... this is what usually happens, but it could change :)

Yep thats the layout for this weekend :)

My tip, go to the loo before the sweepstakes class. Usually they are first, so it's cold and damp, and sometimes they take ages (or it seems like it when you're standing there freezing your buns off) and inevitably that awful busting feeling starts.