Labrador Breeders Beware

zenchel

I've just received an email request to fill in an online survey, titled "Australian and New Zealand Labrador Breeder Survey". It states that my details were obtained from Dogzonline. I have gone through the survey, having to answer all questions to get to the next page and have huge concerns about what will be done with the information asked for. I answered the questions with ridiculous (I think!!) answers, purely because I couldn't get an idea of the contents of the survey any other way, which I object to also. I believe questions such as how much you sell your puppies for, what online puppy sale sites you use, what tests you do on your breeding stock, how many breeding dogs and bitches you have need to be treated with concern. The carrot is a draw to win a $100 Coles Myer gift voucher. Last time I looked, Coles and Myer were sold off separately in 2006 :thumbsup:

I will contact the author of the survey on behalf of the National Labrador Retriever Council and attempt to get some issues clarified. In the meantime, if you receive it, I would suggest you tread warily. Unfortunate that we have to be so mistrusting, but we (breeders) have been the subject of distribution of misinformation before and will be again, if we're not careful :eek::

Sylvia Power

President

National Labrador Retriever Council

not sure on the rest of it, but just so you know, you can buy ColesMyer vouchers - the two companies kept the combination available after they became separate entities.

The questions you had to answer are interesting... be interested to know if it is legit.

not sure on the rest of it, but just so you know, you can buy ColesMyer vouchers - the two companies kept the combination available after they became separate entities.

Really??? Thanks for letting me know - I will now remove my sceptical sneer :eek:

The questions you had to answer are interesting... be interested to know if it is legit.

I've spoken to the author, who I discovered had contacted me a couple of weeks ago with some Labrador related questions. His motives seem reasonable and he is prepared to share the results (statistical only) with the Labrador community, although I'm not sure he's going to get the answers that he's looking for. Just wish he'd contacted the breed community first, as I think he'd get a more valid response. Watch this space....

Sylvia