Ruffwear Singletrack Pack

Red Fox

Does anyone have a Ruffwear Singletrack Pack?

Or perhaps an Approach Pack?

If so-

How have you found it?

Durability?

How much storage space? What do you put in it?

How does it fit? Does it slip around at all?

Where did you buy it from?

And where is the cheapest place to buy Ruffwear gear from? (either in Australia or O/S)

BackcountryK9 no longer ships internationally ;)

Thanks.

I think Backcountry.com still deliever to Australia.

In the search box put in Ruffwear and their stuff will come up and is reasonably cheap.

But to answer your question, I don't have Ruffwear Singletrack Pack so I can't help you there.

CW EW this is from their website:

International Shipping

We're regret that we are no longer shipping Internationally due to changes with some of our supplier agreements. We have greatly appreciated our loyal International customers and if we can help you find the gear your looking for in your country, please contact us.

:laugh:

CW EW this is from their website:

International Shipping

We're regret that we are no longer shipping Internationally due to changes with some of our supplier agreements. We have greatly appreciated our loyal International customers and if we can help you find the gear your looking for in your country, please contact us.

:laugh:

I can't find that anywhere on backcountry.com

They aren't the same as BackcountryK9.com

Vulcan has the singletrack. We love it. It comes with the waterbladders which are full when we use it. In addition to the full water bladders I can also fit in a rolled up travel waterbowl, phone and keys. You could fit other small items in there too, (like a map, a few treats etc) but I haven't tried.

You could obviously fit lots more in if the bladders were empty. It's sturdy and tough - Vulcan occasionally dashes into the undergrowth and it is surviving the resulting snags and scrapes well. The chest strap sometimes loosens when he's caught a snag, but this doesn't seem to upset the balance of the pack. I simply tighten again when I notice this - maybe if I used the keepers this wouldn't happen. We use it about once a week. The longest he's had it on is 1.5hrs, I have not noticed any rubbing. I've had the pack for about three months.

If you want your dog to carry more than small day trip items, them I suggest you will need a bigger pack.

I got mine from BackcountryK9.

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

Thanks for the info PS.

I'm not looking to carry too much, just water (for weight mostly), phone, small travel bowl and perhaps a long line :laugh: I think the bigger packs would be too big for what we want? The singletrack looks quite streamlined and light too.

CW, I'll have a look at the link. Thank you.

I have the approach pack and we just bought three of them for our foster dogs. I bought the last three only about 3 weeks ago from Back Country K9.

I find them fantastic. My foster dogs start out with 1kg of rice on each side then we build up from there depending on the dog and how fit they are.

My own Lab carries home stuff from the shops or always carries my phone, wallet, poo bags, water, keys etc.

Mine is probably a year old and is still in fantastic condition though we don't really go out in the scrub with it on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. We ended up buying a Singletrack pack from http://www.twobigdogs.com.au/

Fantastic price (by far the cheapest I could find anywhere), fantastic service and fantastic product :D

We've been using it for a week now and so far I am very, very happy with it - exactly what I wanted.

Thanks to all who relplied.