Does Anyone Have A Dog Pyjama Pattern?

Our little girl Zola turned 11 this year and seems to be feeling the cold a lot more so this morning I decided she needs some jamas! I was looking at some online but they don't look like they'd be that hard to make so I was wondering if any one has a good pattern or knows where I can get one? I googled it but as I'm not the most experienced sewer I wasn't really sure what to look for in a pattern :shrug:

Cheers :rofl:

Edited by Sezz

Check out Off Topic in the market place threads - someone on there is making them for a good price. I'm a sewer and bought lovely fabric on several occassions but still found it much quicker to just buy jammies for my old SBT girl! You can also get some DGG ones in Big W and KMart that fit - XL. I've bought them in hot pink, purple and sky blue colours all fleece with black stretchy trim for maybe $12 each. If your girl has mobility issues then don't get the ones with back legs in them as mine hates letting me lift all 4 legs to get hers on. After the front legs are done she has had enough. Oh and even if the coat part looks a little long/large that's good as they fully cover their backs and legs when they lie down. I just tend to fold the back over if she goes outside to toilet so it doesn't get dirty.

Hope this helps?

Thanks Puppy sniffer :D

I haven't posted enough to be allowed in the off topic section so I better get typing and get me some jim jams! :)

I had a look at some more pj's online and I think I might start by making her a coat out of some polar fleece but will def look at the pjs in kmart and big w, I think they'll be great for her when winter really kicks in! She doesn't have mobility issues but I'm not sure if she'd be impressed with both legs :( SHe's been grey for many many years but this is the first year I've really noticed her acting her age, the old girl can still pull out the odd zoomie though!

:rofl:

Thanks for your replies everyone! Very much appreciated. I'm getting a little collection of patterns together now!

I've been doing some more pondering and planning today and have decided for an easy start out weekend project I'm going to make her a little polar fleece coat to get myself back into the swing of sewing than I'm going to tackle something with sleeves!

I've recently moved back to the country and I am enjoying having extra time to get into little projects. And projects for my girls are even more fun :laugh: I will post pics if I'm sucessful!

Edited by Sezz

I have had some made for my Shar pei.

They are more like long jumpers with roll necks. I make them out of fleece.

If you give me your measurements & don't mind waiting 1 month I would be happy to make her one (just ask you pay for postage & material)

Just got my VIP mail from Spotlight and there is a very cosy dog jammie pattern on it - Vogue #8312. The jammies are pictured on a golden retriever, it has long legs and a high collar (no back legs though). They have plain coloured fleece on special for VIP members for $6.99 a metre. Think I might just get hold of that pattern for future use given it covers large sizes!