Concerned About Indies Weight Loss

julzjc

Now to tempt him tomorrow with less expense cuts of meat lol, wish me luck!

Keep the fat content up.. try gravy beef??? Serve it room temp or slight warmed - increases the aroma.

Edited by poodlefan

Good news- just hope his tummy doesn't get upset with all this beautiful food!! :)

Pork steaks are much better for Indie than for your tea :p Lovely photo!!

:p Better go buy something for dinner...dont think the OH would be too happy at Indie getting pork steaks whilst he gets a toasted sandwich lol. He will still be chuffed though, just better make something to rival Indies dinner lol.

He would have kept eating by the looks of it but dont want to let him eat anymore today....ok 3 pork steaks isnt exactly keeping it small but couldnt help giving him them when he was managing to eat and keeping it down. First time Ive managed to feel his stomach in a while, so nice to feel a firm waist for once.

HUGE thankyou to all of you for helping me out with him and all of your kind thoughts, greatly appriciated! :grouphug: Julzx

Great news. He seems to have turned the corner now. I would be offering small amounts of food several (3-4) times a day if he keeps eating. His stomach will have shrunk after not eating for so long so large meals are probably not a good idea. He is however going to need a lot of food to regain that weight.

I would be offering small amounts of food several (3-4) times a day if he keeps eating. His stomach will have shrunk after not eating for so long so large meals are probably not a good idea.

I also think this is a wise move ..just until his stomach gets used to handling food again :)

*looking forward to more 'dining dog' photos :) *

I would be offering small amounts of food several (3-4) times a day if he keeps eating. His stomach will have shrunk after not eating for so long so large meals are probably not a good idea.

I also think this is a wise move ..just until his stomach gets used to handling food again :)

*looking forward to more 'dining dog' photos :) *

agree also. Whenever I get sick and don't eat and my stomach shrinks, I will eat the same amount I would've eaten before I got sick and I get TERRIBLE stomach aches because my stomach stretches! I'm sure we've all done it once in a while!

Again, so glad to hear he's on the road to recovery. Also, its excellent news that there isn't anything actually wrong with him and that he was just greiving... It really shows just how much dogs can feel... even some humans wouldn't greive that much.

Woohoo!! Great news!! You don't have to waste the A/D though - its high in fat so mix it in with his normal food or just put it straight in a bowl. Its meant to be highly palatable. :)

He hasnt eaten anything since those pork steaks on Monday :banghead: .

Tried the some rountine as that day. Tried more doggy playdates. Tried pork, lamb chops cooked and raw, gravey beef, chicken necks, chicken legs, all table scraps :banghead:

Ohwell, barium meal for him tomorrow morning at the vets to double check for blockages. Knew I shouldnt have got so excited.

ETA~ He is still happy when he is out and about but utterly miserable at home. He is either curled up in a ball on the grass (even if you let him out to the toilet at 11pm, curls up instantly on the cold wet grass even if you go outside with him) or he dissapears into my room the for entire day. Rarely see him :(

Edited by julzjc

He hasnt eaten anything since those pork steaks on Monday :banghead: .

Tried the some rountine as that day. Tried more doggy playdates. Tried pork, lamb chops cooked and raw, gravey beef, chicken necks, chicken legs, all table scraps :banghead:

Ohwell, barium meal for him tomorrow morning at the vets to double check for blockages. Knew I shouldnt have got so excited.

ETA~ He is still happy when he is out and about but utterly miserable at home. He is either curled up in a ball on the grass (even if you let him out to the toilet at 11pm, curls up instantly on the cold wet grass even if you go outside with him) or he dissapears into my room the for entire day. Rarely see him :(

I'm so sorry to hear that! :hug: keep going the way you are goin though. Let us know how the vet trip goes todday.

Just a thought, if he is happy when he's out, would he eat then?

He will take maybe two pieces of kibble or equivilent amount of anything we offer and that about it, looses intrest again.

The barium sounds a very good plan now - I am so sorry he has come to a standstill again :(:hug::hug:

Thanks Pers. He seems "ok" enough health wise, still skinny and loosing his coat like crazy, but apart from choosing to sleep 24/7 he is "ok". Just newly got him to eat 3chicken necks after having him out with me all day yesterday and today but wont take anymore now. See what happens tomorrow.