Seymour Show

I have my numbers.

So much rain here in Mt Eliza in past few days. Is there any possibility this show may be cancelled due to rain? Am worried if I can't access puter I will travel all the way to only find it's cancelled! Have had it happen before, at least it was a local show though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my numbers.

So much rain here in Mt Eliza in past few days. Is there any possibility this show may be cancelled due to rain? Am worried if I can't access puter I will travel all the way to only find it's cancelled! Have had it happen before, at least it was a local show though.

I doubt it will be cancelled as last year it went ahead and there had been a lot more rain prior to the show. Gumboots were the required footwear

As they say............the show must go on!

Yes, last year was literally a wash out! I decided to not go last year because of all the rain that we had leading up to the shows.

It may well be similar to last year should this rain continue. :o

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Nope the shows that you are referring to that were washed out were in August, I remember because Bundy got his first ever Best In Group on the concrete there. Sunday was Yea and District not sure about Saturday.

The weather was nice for the two Seymour shows in May it was my little girls first outing.

Opps I must of got it wrong, way to many shows to keep track of them all...... :o

I remember that one show was mud, mud and more mud! :eek:

I just had a look at the weather forecast, the forecast is getting cooler overnight each time I have a look. :laugh:

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Thanks guys.

Does anyone local to Seymour know what the grounds look like so far? eg ground really soft & water logged?

Also anyone know a ring layout?

Thanks

BB

Ground will probably be wet and soft but shouldn't be too waterlogged. Its clear today, no rain so far and there are small patches of blue sky with the sun trying to make an appearance. Will let you know more when I check it out later this afternoon and info on rings if set up. Seymour agi dog show is held at Kings Park but Seymour Dog Club haven't used this venue for quite a while.

11:10am sun now is out - not sure how long for but it good to see it shining.

Edited by Vacuna

That is it Stolzsein mud, mud and more mud :laugh::laugh:

It was my first 'wet' show and I was so unprepared, the 1 1/2 hour drive home soaked to the skin was fun, NOT!

I am in Bayswater and the weather is shocking, absolutely bucketing down, not sure what to do, my older boy does his best work in the mud. Me I would much prefer to stay home snuggled up on the couch with a dvd and a hot chocolate :confused:

Thanks Vacuna looking forward to an update :)

I can't remember what the grounds look like exactly so can some one tell me

is there enough room for 7 rings plus room to set up gazebos?

Or will we be squashed like sardines do you think?

Thanks.

BB

There isnt alot of room BB, some were outside the gate of the showgrounds onto the road last time i was there, but it was 30 degrees and nice weather, i have a feeling we are going to freeze and drown. best to get there early to get a good spot!