Prong Collars

BB You did give it your best shot and your heart still will be hurting because not only did you invest a lot of time you invested a lot emotionally.

Not every dog works for every situation. Given a little time I am quite sure you will find a wonderful dog to share your love with that will not send you on such an emotional and physical journey.

We really feel for you. Lots of Whippet hugs and nose prods

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BB You did give it your best shot and your heart still will be hurting because not only did you invest a lot of time you invested a lot emotionally.

Not every dog works for every situation. Given a little time I am quite sure you will find a wonderful dog to share your love with that will not send you on such an emotional and physical journey.

We really feel for you. Lots of Whippet hugs and nose prods

gratefully received - can't beat whippet hugs and nose prods! :)

- Corvus:

Let's not get confused between motivators and reinforcement. They might be the same or they might not.

And who is confused????

- Corvus:

I know dogs that have learnt to be reactive about something in particular.

And they can unlearn it just as well with the correct method of training.

Edited by Skye GSD

Hi Skye GSD.

Just a hint to help you with quotes. At the beginning of a quote, leave out the "/" at the start of the word "quote". Otherwise, everything is correct and you will find the quotation comes up as you intend it. :D

Sorry for the :offtopic:

ETA: I actually prefer to use the "reply" button when I'm quoting as it will come up with the quote and the ability for the reader to click a button on the quote so they can be taken back to the original post from where the quotes are taken. Handy if anyone wants to check the context in which the quoted sections were made. :D.

To the OP - pardon me for straying from the topic.

Edited by Erny

Hi Skye GSD.

Just a hint to help you with quotes. At the beginning of a quote, leave out the "/" at the start of the word "quote". Otherwise, everything is correct and you will find the quotation comes up as you intend it. :D

ETA: I actually prefer to use the "reply" button when I'm quoting as it will come up with the quote and the ability for the reader to click a button on the quote so they can be taken back to the original post from where the quotes are taken. Handy if anyone wants to check the context in which the quoted sections were made. :D.

Thanks Erny - kept trying to edit it but gave up!!!! Will note for future reference :)

Thanks Erny - kept trying to edit it but gave up!!!! Will note for future reference :)

LOL ..... No! No! You're nearly there (and they're annoying me! :laugh:). Go back to your post, click "edit" and simply delete the oblique stroke at the beginning of both the quotes and you'll be perfect :D.

ETA: BorderBo's mistake is that there is an oblique stroke MISSING in the

code at the end.
Edited by Erny

Hi Skye GSD.

Hi Skye GSD.

K9: "JP" your an IT genius! lol

Not at all, Erny .. I've been trying to sort that out myself!

ETA: And it didn't work! :eek:

Go back to my previous post. I added in an Edit that tells you what you did wrong :).

Hi Skye GSD.

K9: "JP" your an IT genius! lol

"JP"? You talking to me? (I'm "JB" :D).

Lol ..... IT genius I am most certainly NOT (and I know you know that, :laugh:). But I'm flaunting the little bit I do know. Plenty of practice, lol.

ETA: Oops. I'm a bit slow. You're right. "JP". Lol.

ETA: And you're a dag.

Edited by Erny

Not at all, Erny .. I've been trying to sort that out myself!

ETA: And it didn't work! :eek:

I think I need a drink and then perhaps I'll get it!

Go back to my previous post. I added in an Edit that tells you what you did wrong :).

BorderBo ..... lol. No, no, no.

If you want to quote manually :

At the beginning of the quote you type :

["quote"] (leave out the " - I've had to put that in so DOL won't think I'm now quoting).

At the end of the quote you type :

["/quote"] (leave out the ")

Then you can type in what you want to say.

If you have a further quote, you do another :

["quote"] (without the ") xxxxxxxxxxx ["/quote"](without the ")

Then you can type in what you want to say.

And so on.

It is about starting your quote with ["quote"](no ").

And ending the quote with .

Edited by Erny

Well done, Skye GSD :thumbsup:. Now .... BorderBo - I know you can do it :D. Lol

You'd think so, Erny, wouldn't you? :mad

I typed in {"quote"] - without the " " as instructed) at the beginning of a sentence of yours to quote and then at the end of that same sentence I typed ["/quote"] - without the " " - typed in my response to you and when trying to preview the post was given this notification The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags- I know it's me - I have tried it over and over! How embarrassing! LOL!

ETA: Typo in first line - should read ["quote"] not this { symbol.

Edited by BorderBo

Well done, Skye GSD :thumbsup:. Now .... BorderBo - I know you can do it :D. Lol

You'd think so, Erny, wouldn't you? :mad

I typed in {"quote"] - without the " " as instructed) at the beginning of a sentence of yours to quote and then at the end of that same sentence I typed ["/quote"] - without the " " - typed in my response to you and when trying to preview the post was given this notification The number of opening quote tags does not match the number of closing quote tags- I know it's me - I have tried it over and over! How embarrassing! LOL!

ETA: Typo in first line - should read ["quote"] not this { symbol.

Come on BorderBo - If I can do it, anyone can do it :laugh: