Litters Due In July

Missymoo

BB got the fernugreek, however she just snuffed her nose at it I mixxed it in with the chicken, very frusturated & worried,

Gawd that is unheard of LOL. It is powdered?

Fern didn't like it either, had to mix it with really attractive food, ie tinned puppy food.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard alot of good reports about that Ferugreek stuff. I might have to go and get some next week.

Cynda is starting to look swell :laugh: Will be 5weeks tomorrow from first mating. SHe is eating although I have to hand feed her still. She happily sat at the table today while my son and I were doing some schoolwork and me handfeeding her 1,yes 1, biscuit at a time :mad But then I managed a few more and all up, she would of had about a handful. Bloody bitches, gotta love'm :D

Hi all

Congrats to the early birds :cheer: , still waiting to see who will be first for July?

My girl has 15 days to go can’t wait to see what she has, I am planning on keeping a girl out of this litter, she is so big it is getting scary :eek: .

Just wanted to know how old these girls are having puppies as I think mine might be the oldest? She will be 6 years old in September.

This is Zoya's second litter her first litter was in 2008, she is very hard to mate.

which is why it has been a long time between litters.

But we got it right this time and can not wait to see what she has this time with new stud dog.

I have heard alot of good reports about that Ferugreek stuff. I might have to go and get some next week.

Cynda is starting to look swell :laugh: Will be 5weeks tomorrow from first mating. SHe is eating although I have to hand feed her still. She happily sat at the table today while my son and I were doing some schoolwork and me handfeeding her 1,yes 1, biscuit at a time :mad But then I managed a few more and all up, she would of had about a handful. Bloody bitches, gotta love'm :D

I have the opposite problem. my almost 6 week preggo Dalmatian is eating everything (tried chomping on hubbies mobile phone. She has become a hoover!! At 6 weeks she already looks like huge!

Does anyone know if you can get a chiropractor to adjust a bitchs back when in whelp? Is it safe?

We're at 8 weeks today, and enormous. :eek: I don't think she has paid any attention at all to my order of five or six pups!!

I don't know if she'll make the week though, she really is getting very uncomfortable. As long as she waits 'till after Wednesday - that's when my leave starts! Although I have let my boss know, if she starts before then I'm either gone home in a flash or not coming in! Other half will be keeping close watch in a slightly nervous way... :D

I'll get a pic in daylight tomorrow.

I have the opposite problem. my almost 6 week preggo Dalmatian is eating everything (tried chomping on hubbies mobile phone. She has become a hoover!! At 6 weeks she already looks like huge!

Does anyone know if you can get a chiropractor to adjust a bitchs back when in whelp? Is it safe?

Better to have it done than she be out. He/she would alter treatment to suit.

We had major dramalamas with Cynda's last litter. When the pups were about a week old, she starting this aweful shake with her head. It looked like she was nodding her head up and down really fast if you get my drift. Well, I absolutely shite myself, Sorry but I did, rang a friend, rang the vets (after hours) and rushed her in. Calcium levels were fine, and the vets wanted to do test after test, but I didn't. She still did it for a while bust was only when pups were feeding when she was laying down. So I would take her mind off it by fedding her something every time she would feed the pups. I rang a dog chiro (some 500kms away so couldn't go see him) and he told me to do this test and sure it enough, it was her neck. Her neck was out quite badly which was causing her pain and discomfort hence the reason for the head tremors. That is one thing I will never forget as first thoughts was Eclampsia (sp).

So yes, I would go see the chiro and yes, just explain that she is in whelp.

Here are a couple of photos, 5weeks :)

5weeks002JPGresized.jpg

5weeks003JPGresized.jpg

She is not quite as big at same time on her last litter. I have used a different stud dog this time so dont know if that counts, but maybe a couple less this time which is fine by me :D

Amazing pics guys! What a lovely set of tummies we have for July so far!

[quote name='Allerzeit' timestamp='1309663218' post='5386109'

Hee Hee - I don't think I've ever seen a Borzoi with anything resembling a "tummy" before :laugh: She looks over it!

And yep, she is very over it!! :laugh: She's due on Saturday but I think will be going mid week sometime. Trouble is, that belly is like a built in heater and she seems to be feeling too warm most of the time. Hard to maintain indoors - even without heating on in here she's panting, it's about 15 degrees...