My Weekend With Max And Jen

Leelaa17

Took max and jen to coonabarabran for the long weekend and we all had a great time. There were four dogs there, so six in total - three gsd (including my two), two labs, and a cattle cross. The first night they barked all night, and i mean ALL night. I was up every hour to shut them up. It was crazy. Then the rest of the nights they all barked but not as much.

jenna was reasonably good this weekend. she was a bit psycho at first but she got used to it and i had control over her. it was interesting to have six big dogs in your backyard. very much hard work lol.

what did you guys do this weekend?

Glad you had a good time! I love going away with my dogs, we always have so much fun. However this weekend we just stayed at home. We have a trip planned in a month, as we are going up to a working dog clinic. Very much looking forward to that!!

I always keep there routine very much the same as at home e.g. they sleep in the same place (crate or on my bed) and have the same food. I find this helps them remain (relatively) calm and in control :cheer: Two kelpies under 14mths would be a nightmare otherwise :cheer:

Edited by cmkelpie

The neighbours must have had a wow of a time.

Lol i know because their dog was going off too! Lol poor bastards. I webt out about 10 times to try to shut them up and we only had two of those muzzle thibgs as well.

Glad you had a good time! I love going away with my dogs, we always have so much fun. However this weekend we just stayed at home. We have a trip planned in a month, as we are going up to a working dog clinic. Very much looking forward to that!!

I always keep there routine very much the same as at home e.g. they sleep in the same place (crate or on my bed) and have the same food. I find this helps them remain (relatively) calm and in control :cheer: Two kelpies under 14mths would be a nightmare otherwise :cheer:

I know it was a lovely weekend! I wish they could go everywhere with me! Even to work! Good advice about keeping their routine the same - i didnt think of doing that. Next time i definitely will.

The neighbours must have had a wow of a time.

Lol i know because their dog was going off too! Lol poor bastards. I webt out about 10 times to try to shut them up and we only had two of those muzzle thibgs as well.

Next time put them inside or in the car. If I'd been the next door neighbour I'd have been ropable.

Your friend might get a visit from the ranger I'd say.