Puppy Kibble Vs Adult Kibble

shyfig

I have been feeding Jed Enduro complete formula for adult dogs since he was about 6 mths old on the vets recommendation as I couldn't get him to eat any puppy kibble. Now (at 12mths) I have about 10kg of Bonnie puppy kibble left and he has decided that it doesn't taste to bad.

Would it hurt to finish of the puppy kibble over the next few months and then resume him on the Enduro?

Bonnie Puppy has 26% protein and 13% fat

Enduro adult has 21% protein and 10% fat

He is a couch potato...enjoying a walk per day and some play so he is not super active. In fact I'd call him sedentary :D

What do others think?

maybe it's the food making him sedentary?

Is he a large/giant breed or did he suffer something like Pano or knuckling over? I wont feed lower then about 25% protein to an adult dog anyway why did the vet say to put him on adult food?

maybe it's the food making him sedentary?

Is he a large/giant breed or did he suffer something like Pano or knuckling over? I wont feed lower then about 25% protein to an adult dog anyway why did the vet say to put him on adult food?

No he's not a giant breed but a Border Collie. The vet advised to put him onto adult food as I couldn't get him to eat any puppy kibble when I bought him home (at 5 mths) and in the weeks that followed (not even what the breeder was feeding).

He's a Purebred BC.....his mother was also very sedentary as in no herding drive, very affectionate and just loves being where his/her people are. He's very healthy...has a beautiful coat and has always enjoyed fresh meat i.e. chicken necks, bones and loves tuna and salmon which he really enjoys mixed in with his biscuits.