One Year Ago Today ...

... I lost the best friend I ever had. I will miss her and love her forever and I just wanted to take the time to start a thread so we can all honour the memory of our loved ones.

My sweet darling Poochie-Pie may you always be with me and we'll be together again some day. Until then, run happy and be free my forever friend! :laugh::rofl::eek:

Rest in peace poochie pie! Hopefully you have met my passed pets rossco, napoleon, bunny and pepper and you are running freely with them.

Bunny - the most recent pass away, i miss you every day and a piece of me died when you did. I will love you forever and will see you again one day.

Poor pooch. Sorry you lost your best friend.

We never forget them. 9 years since I lost Minnie and I still miss her and think of her. My other dogs I have lost are Tuppence, Penny, and Bob. I've lost too many other animals to list but will never forget any of them and how they shaped my life. Many were lost way too soon, I'll always love them and cherish the memories.

There is a very special section on DOL just for this subject and it is better than putting it in the General Discussion section where it will just get lost in all the other posts.

"Rainbow Bridge

Share the memories of your loved companions now gone here. "

Souff

I hear you.

The ANZAC weekend is a heart breaker for so many people. For us it brings all the memories of the dark neck deep turmoil that were in this time last year.

Congratulations on honoring your fur buddy so beautifully.

While the rainbow bridge section has a precious place on this forum few of us visit there too often because it can be too overwhelming. Your post here is a gentle reminder of how precious our friends with fur are.

Good luck with your continued healing. It still hurts because they took a piece of our heart with them but we must remember that they left so many sweet memories in their place.