Dog Wars Android Game

MsKatie

:vomit: Had this come through on FB - it is also all over Twitter - thoguth I would put it up here in case anyone wanted to report it. This is their write up about it

Dog Wars Description:

Raise your Dog to Beat the Best!

A GAME THAT WILL NEVER BE IN THE iPHONE APP STORE!!!

Feed, water, train and FIGHT your virtual dog against other player's... action games, chatroom, many characters and dogs to choose from, virtual store, etc.

This is a fresh Beta version, come try it out. Drop your cred codes and ideas in the comments section or message boards on the web. Check the shoutbox in the game for news and game updates, or just talk fight and talk smack with other players.

Remember this is a Beta release...

If you get a bug, please send us the report or email us.

If you have a bug up your b*tt about the game concept, remember:

1. It is just A VIDEO GAME

2. Perhaps one day we will make gerbil wars or beta fish wars for people who can't understand fantasy role play games

3. Just because something is illegal in real life in certain countries, does not mean it is illegal to make a song, movie, or video game about it (looking at you XDA Developer Forums... deleting our beta testing thread and banning our account?!)

4. Just go slingshot some virtual birds to kill some virtual pigs.

5. Go complain to someone who cares about Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Weed Farmer, Smoke a Bowl (these two are listed in the top 15 of casual games on Android Market) and maybe even Sierra's Leisure Suit Larry from 1987.

6. This is listed as a HIGH MATURITY app, and does NOT violate the Terms of Use with the Google market in any way!!!

Let's Get it On!

Please click this link to report the app: http://www.google.com/support/androidmarke...t_type=takedown

Application Name: Dog Wars

Developer: Android

Reason for flagging: Graphic violence

......Contact Us - Android Market Help

www.google.com

I have only ever reported one app before as it turned out the wrong classification was added to it when it went to the market place, the app was taken away reclassifed and returned to the market.

I have only ever reported one app before as it turned out the wrong classification was added to it when it went to the market place, the app was taken away reclassifed and returned to the market.

So would it make a difference with this particular game if it was given an R rating? I dont actually know how they'd do that with apps but I brought up ratings in the other thread so it got me thinking.

5. Go complain to someone who cares about Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Weed Farmer, Smoke a Bowl (these two are listed in the top 15 of casual games on Android Market) and maybe even Sierra's Leisure Suit Larry from 1987.

Wow, what these genii fail to distinguish in their comparison of the dog fight game and "human fight, self abuse games" is not about the legality of the activity, but that the animals being abused (in virtual world) do not have choice or control over being pitted, whereas in the other games the humans are willing participants.

In essence it is depicting acts of animal cruelty, and as in the real world, it's humans doing it to animals that have no choice in the matter.

So should be condemned as depiction of animal cruelty, since these days graphic violence doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.

Wow, what these genii fail to distinguish in their comparison of the dog fight game and "human fight, self abuse games" is not about the legality of the activity, but that the animals being abused (in virtual world) do not have choice or control over being pitted, whereas in the other games the humans are willing participants.

Hmmm check the other thread. I posted about one particular game that has the gamer raping a woman. I'm sure she didnt have choice or control over it either and no one jumped up and down about that one. I'm not concerned about people reporting this game - just why this one and not the other horrendous games out there.

Just out of interest, for the people reporting it, do you report other games for graphic violence?

I didn't report it for graphic violence, I said other and gave my reason, sorry I cannot remember exactly what I said but basically that I felt it was wrong to encourage an activity such as dog fighting. I don't have an issue with graphic violence I have an issue with its morality.

So would it make a difference with this particular game if it was given an R rating? I dont actually know how they'd do that with apps but I brought up ratings in the other thread so it got me thinking.

Might make a difference if it was R Rated and you had to be over 18 to purchase the app. (IE have to use a credit card to purchase it (not a debit credit card) so you either have to be over 18 or you have to ask you parents.)

Hmmm check the other thread. I posted about one particular game that has the gamer raping a woman. I'm sure she didnt have choice or control over it either and no one jumped up and down about that one. I'm not concerned about people reporting this game - just why this one and not the other horrendous games out there.

Very good point Raz, our work is not done yet!