Mounting Photos On Board Or Card For Competitions

rubiton

If you can't cut the mat youself, a local Picture-framer will often have pre-cut mats in standard sizes ready to use. If it's not a standard size "hole" you need, they'd still cut one for you fairly cheap. We used to get our local framer to mat up our prints for exhibition/club comps. She was quick, top quality, inexpensive and it was less trouble than doing it ourselves.

Are you on Red Bubble: not the cheapest but they do good matting for exhibition: all of the Dandenong Ranges prints in the standing exhibition in Emerald at the Elevations Restaurant are by Red Bubble, they look fantastic.

It's worth getting it right if for exhibition: there was one recently with beautiful photography but each entrant had done their matting preparation as a "home job" and by the end of the ten-days a lot of prints had buckled or waved, even those under glass frames but not done well. Not a good look.

Edit to adde: just saw in your siggy you're on Red Bubble. Why not do a mount yourself plus get one done by RB, they are quick. Then you can compare and say well mine's just as good, or oh yes I could do this different.

Edited by PossumCorner

Thanks - red bubble seem to be the wrong size but did find somewhere in Sydney that does it so have ordered one of those plus some mats to do it myself and will go from there (as in attach the photo and leave them 'displayed' somewhere in the house for a few weeks and see how they go.

BUt now Im wondering what they mean by max size - if thats max size of the photo or max size of the photo and matting combined.