Could This Be The Crate For My Bc?

shyfig

A 90cm or 36" crate is fine for most BCs for transport or shows and is ok for smaller Borders to sleep in but I would not put my male (who is not quite at the top of the size standard) in one that size to sleep all the time. A 36' crate measures 60cm or 24" tall and wide and that is just a bit small for my male to sit and stand in without his ears touching the top. He sleeps in a 36" crate in the car when we travel because that is the size that fits in the car but if I needed a crate for him to sleep in all the time at home I would go for one size up. Most Borders sleep stretched right out, not curled up, so they need a crate wider and taller than they are, sitting it standing, to the top of the ears and long enough for them to lie stretched out flat on their back with their legs extended.

Quinn has a 3 foot wire crate. She's about 20 inches at the shoulder but very finely built.Its big enough for her to sit up in and her ears just touch the top. She can spread out in it comfortably.

Saw this on ebay...very interested for Jed. Wondering if I could have some opinions size wise. Trying to get around specifications for each size is doing my head in. This particularly looks "destruction proof". Jed's 12 mths old...about 69cm tall (to the top of his head), about 80cm long from bottom to tip of nose lying down (not counting tail). Note the height measurement is 70cm from bottom of floor (not ground).

I like the fact that it is should be really strong (eating proof) and on wheels so I could move it around easily if needed. Would only be using it for sleeping and a quite place for him.

I know it's considerably more expensive than a wire crate....but I just know he would find a way to destroy/ dismantle a wire one.

Click here to see on ebay

really similar one in the classifieds here on dogzonline... cheaper too.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/classifieds/forsale.asp?cat=7