Camping Not Too Far From Adelaide With Dog?

Kobi'sDaisy

Hey everyone, we are looking at going camping for a night or two around easter (we both have a few weeks off) and are new to Adelaide and want to go exploring! We have a 4 month old Vizsla, and really camping at this time of year is to get him used to it and hopefully not freeze at night!

Any ideas? We are happy for a camp spot rather than caravan park as we have lots of camping gear, less than 2 hours away, relatively quiet (ie not many people) and able to have the dog. Having a look came across Mount Crawford area, looks great, anyone been there??

thanks guys :eek:

Guest Pandii

Try the 4x4 road site

I have been using it the last few days to take the dogs and kids away for a few days, great info, although I did find one error, a vic parks camp ground was listed as allowing dogs, but upon cross checking found that dogs are not allowed

So be careful

Forestry SA

http://www.forestry.sa.gov.au/crawford.stm

Mt.Crawford forest is awesome.

We live at Mannum . There are loads of free camping areas dotted along the Murray around here.

add, some of my favourite places are also around Nelshaby, Napperby and also Wirrabara Forest in the lower Flinders.

Edited by DBT

There are loads of free camping areas dotted along the Murray around here.

Be aware that a lot of the popular camping grounds have been shut down this year due to the high river (well they have in my area) so double check with the council before you leave.