Anyone Use A Horse Float As A Dog Trailer?

Merrirose

Just wondering if there are any showies out there that just use their horse float to go to dog shows? Im not sure I need both and since I have a really nice float maybe I should just work out how to secure travel crates in my float?

There is a lady who shows up here in QLD who has a horse float for her danes.. Great set up..

Hi,

Saw a goose neck float..... VERY BIG one being used when on the central west NSW circuit last year.............it had accommodation ie, kitchen, small louge/dining area, and sleeping area in the front. The dog crates were in the horse area. The tail gate was put down so the dogs could be got out of the trailer easily. Very clean and super nice rig. Don't know if the dogs travelled in the back when on the road....crates would have to be anchored but also ride could be a bit rough. Horse floats tend to travel better when fully loaded. Cheers

I saw a couple a few years back when there was a Mastiff National next to ours. Some had been customised into sections inside, with a high shelf inside where the curved roof starts. This made a fantastic space for sliding in all the gear - gazebos, chairs etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering if there are any showies out there that just use their horse float to go to dog shows? Im not sure I need both and since I have a really nice float maybe I should just work out how to secure travel crates in my float?

I saw a Alpacha float converted for dogs, I have some pics of it :thumbsup: I will see if I can upload them from my ph, the front was set as a wardrobe, where the couple hung their suites etc. the back was devided in half, one side had the trolley (set up ) all they has to do was roll it in/out, the other side had eveything else :eek:

I liked the set up, the float came from Kentucky Floats

We used to, because we have horses. But we have now put a large crate under our bed ( bed is now high) in our caravan and just love traveling with this unit. And the 14' caravan is lighter then our float and we have a comfy bed, storage, cooking and eating facilities. Just need to add one outside door for the dogs, direct to the crate....just looking for a secondhand caravan door to cut down.