What I Drew Today

Dogsrawesome

Wow that's really good :) I'm surprised you didn't do a GSD?!?! Maybe next time :cry:

:cheers: for some reason i find it very difficult to draw GSD ;) i try and to me they just dont look right.

Good drawing. Noticed you left a dew claw on one leg

Not sure about the position of the leg under the body.

BB

Its from a photograph and he has a dew claw haha and yeah i had trouble with the back leg and its the only thing about the drawing that bugs me but i cant make it perfect :cheer: more practice i guess haha.

It's recognisable as a Labrador, if you shade it more so there's more defintion between the shadows and the highlighted areas it will really improve it, right now it's a bit monotone but it's a great start. :) Keep going!

It's recognisable as a Labrador, if you shade it more so there's more defintion between the shadows and the highlighted areas it will really improve it, right now it's a bit monotone but it's a great start. :) Keep going!

Thanks for the tip :cheer: i just worry i might make it to dark and it wont look to much like a lab :cheers:

Thanks for the tip :cheer: i just worry i might make it to dark and it wont look to much like a lab :cheers:

I dont mean to just colour it all dark though, you need to make the shadows dark and the light areas and highlights light.

I dont mean to just colour it all dark though, you need to make the shadows dark and the light areas and highlights light.

I will have a go at that later ;) thanks

A good piece of artistic advice I once received was to make sure I always have some black shadow and white highlights. :laugh:

Yeah i still have a lot to ad including the wooden stump he is laying on haha but i always do little bits at a time and is still practicing with my new pencils that my OH got me :eek: Going to do a graphic design course next year so i need to do so many drawings for my folio. One including a human which is my weak point :thumbsup: Any suggestions on breeds or animals? Im also getting a Graphics drawing tablet and good colour pencils. Im always looking for advice and its good to get some, my friends just say its great with no advice on where to improve ;)

Humans were my weak point for the longest time as well. I got this wonderful human anatomy book that is packed full of photos of athletes in really nice lighting. I started to get more interested in the human figure after that. :eek: Actually, an interest in werewolves helps, too!

I always liked drawing foxes. Arctic foxes in their white coats are not as hard as they look. I don't think I've drawn a real animal for ages. I make up my own these days. :(

It's good to work out feathers. It is hard, but once you have learnt the pattern they follow all your bird pictures will look really impressive.

My partner is a film art director. I can always depend on him to give me constructive criticism and he helps me out with Photoshop as well. I think I like Painter better, but PS is easier to learn IMO.

New drawing of today and my friends on facebook think its so much better then my labrador which i love but i will see what you guys think first :laugh:

SANY1566.jpg

So tell me is the lab better or the shar pei? what do i need to fix or ad?

P.s sorry for the poor quality stupid camera...