Free Running 16 Sleddogs - You Have To See It To Believe It!

idigadog

That was really beautiful to watch. Thanks for posting.

I can imagine people would freak out seeing the dogs, but Im sure the locals would be used to them. I did cringe a little with the horse rider. God help me if that was one of my TB's! but a distraction is a distraction, including a low flying helicopter that saw me dumped in a heartbeat :) pony!

Is he competitive in the sledding world?

I also noticed a couple of dogs did get distracted so they are not fool proof.

No dog is. What this video is supposed to highlight is the fact that 'sleddogs' can be trained to be off-lead and can be totally dedicated to their owner. Go ahead and pick it to pieces, doesn't bother me, but for anyone to be less than impressed by what this 'team' have achieved through training, well, you would be in the minority I think.

whatever but considering some of the hot topics lately which includes a poster thinking just because they think they have a perfectly controled dog leash laws are beneath them, a little mention of the dogs in the video that got distracted for a second is worth you accusing me of picking it to pieces.

whatever but considering some of the hot topics lately which includes a poster thinking just because they think they have a perfectly controled dog leash laws are beneath them, a little mention of the dogs in the video that got distracted for a second is worth you accusing me of picking it to pieces.

And that's fine Rebanne, but this was not filmed in Australia and has nothing to do with off-leash/on-lead dog areas in this country.

Thanks enjoyed that!

Do you now what breeds?

They are Eurohounds :)

Eurohounds have heard of them but don't know much about them.

Cross of???

Alaskan Husky (that is a newish breed, was or is a cross of Husky and ?),

they look and sound hound (what kind?)

and maybe sight hound too?? guessing on this?

Absolute fit for function, they are beautiful dogs.

This is why I can not get that exceited about cross breeding or attempting to breed new types of dogs that are appropriate for what the person or persons want to do with them. If they over time become a stable breed, then that is good too.

Edited by shortstep

Thanks enjoyed that!

Do you now what breeds?

They are Eurohounds :laugh:

Cross of???

This is why I can not get that exceited a out cross breeding or attempting to breed new types of dogs that are appropriate for what the person or persons want to do with them. If they over time become a stable breed, then that is good too.

They are pretty much a cross between the Alaskan Husky and Pointers. Over time though, the percentage of Husky has been watered down to being very small. Purpose built for speed and they absolutely clean up in the European sprint races.

Hence why he can have them off-lead and they for the most part, do what he asks them. Not like a bunch of Siberians :)

And that's fine Rebanne, but this was not filmed in Australia and has nothing to do with off-leash/on-lead dog areas in this country.

true but my point was even very highly trained dogs, like these are, can and do get get distracted and it only takes a second for something to happen. I possibly wouldn't have even noticed if it hadn't been so hotly debated these last few days :laugh:

I also noticed how each dog that greeted him was rolled over, I found that very interesting, plus they all seemed to occupy the same position when behind the bike, well the fawn/red ones did, the black and tans was a bit hard to tell. :)

true but my point was even very highly trained dogs, like these are, can and do get get distracted and it only takes a second for something to happen. I possibly wouldn't have even noticed if it hadn't been so hotly debated these last few days :(

I also noticed how each dog that greeted him was rolled over, I found that very interesting, plus they all seemed to occupy the same position when behind the bike, well the fawn/red ones did, the black and tans was a bit hard to tell. :)

Never in a million years would I consider any dog to be fool proof. If anyone seriously thinks that their dog is 100% reliable, then they are the fools :mad I haven't read the other topics so didn't know about the hot debate. Might have to have a sticky now :rofl:

Some of my dogs will roll-over when they greet people. It's not something we have taught them, it's just a natural instinct for them. Maybe his dogs are the same? And yeah, buggared if I know how he tells the b/t's apart either :laugh:

Thanks enjoyed that!

Do you now what breeds?

They are Eurohounds :laugh:

Cross of???

This is why I can not get that exceited a out cross breeding or attempting to breed new types of dogs that are appropriate for what the person or persons want to do with them. If they over time become a stable breed, then that is good too.

They are pretty much a cross between the Alaskan Husky and Pointers. Over time though, the percentage of Husky has been watered down to being very small. Purpose built for speed and they absolutely clean up in the European sprint races.

Hence why he can have them off-lead and they for the most part, do what he asks them. Not like a bunch of Siberians :)

Are there any Alaskan Huskies in Australia?

2 mins 05 seconds, he's cycling along and his dogs are all ignoring the furiously jumping and barking dog whose owner can't recall him.

Made me laugh uproariously (and a bit sheepishly - coz if I had to compare myself to one of the two humans in the video, it wouldn't be the dude on the bike! :o )

2 mins 05 seconds, he's cycling along and his dogs are all ignoring the furiously jumping and barking dog whose owner can't recall him.

Made me laugh uproariously (and a bit sheepishly - coz if I had to compare myself to one of the two humans in the video, it wouldn't be the dude on the bike! :( )

:o

Thanks enjoyed that!

Do you now what breeds?

They are Eurohounds :)

Cross of???

Hence why he can have them off-lead and they for the most part, do what he asks them. Not like a bunch of Siberians :o

Lol that's what I was thinking the whole time, bugger all sibe blood in that lot! :(