What Do You Take To The Kennels For Your Dogs?

We accept sensible bedding (no bean bag/foam filled as when the dogs decide to chew them it goes everywhere .

We accept toys but 2/3 are best

We do accept treats providing they can be stored easily without fuss or great space.

We do accept dog crates in the sleeping area as our kennels are so big they will fit

We pretty much will accept most things within reason

We won't accept toys that can be dangerous ,sticks.rocks etc etc

Thanks

This is my first time leaving Frog at this kennel. The lady and her husband who own it are the only workers and one of them is always home.

They have a day pen 10m X 4m, or if they are lucky they may get one of the BIG 10m X 10m yards, and then they have night yards indoors 4m X 2M.

I was planning on taking her wobbler kong (for her dinner to be put in) and an antler for her night pen and an antler for her day pen - so they don't have to carry it between the two.

Whenever I have taken her to any other kennels I have also done up a sheet with all her info on it, her name, a photo, her habits eg fence jumper, storm phobia, her microchip details, my contact, a secondary contact, her vet details and Pets at Peace contact details then on the back I put a copy of her vaccination certificate. I laminate it and then ask for it to be hung on her pen, I know they have most of these details on file but I like them to be right there at her pen as well. I have done 2 copies for the new kennel as she has the 2 pens.

I am probably over the top but I worry so much when I leave her :D, where as the other 2 just stay home and have someone come over to look after them.

Thanks

This is my first time leaving Frog at this kennel. The lady and her husband who own it are the only workers and one of them is always home.

They have a day pen 10m X 4m, or if they are lucky they may get one of the BIG 10m X 10m yards, and then they have night yards indoors 4m X 2M.

I was planning on taking her wobbler kong (for her dinner to be put in) and an antler for her night pen and an antler for her day pen - so they don't have to carry it between the two.

Whenever I have taken her to any other kennels I have also done up a sheet with all her info on it, her name, a photo, her habits eg fence jumper, storm phobia, her microchip details, my contact, a secondary contact, her vet details and Pets at Peace contact details then on the back I put a copy of her vaccination certificate. I laminate it and then ask for it to be hung on her pen, I know they have most of these details on file but I like them to be right there at her pen as well. I have done 2 copies for the new kennel as she has the 2 pens.

I am probably over the top but I worry so much when I leave her :D, where as the other 2 just stay home and have someone come over to look after them.

Does she only eat from this or out of a bowl??

We prefer the dog to eat from a bowl yes because it is easier but we can see how well there eating .

We have had some people ask there dog to be feed this way & end in the end we had to use a bowl as the dogs found it frustrating ,it could have more to do with other dogs around & distractions but the dogs weren't thriving being feed this way .

She does eat from a bowl.

The only thing I REALLY do not like about this place is that they fill the dogs food bowls up all day. One kong full of food is plenty for my girl, and I was thinking that maybe this could be a good guide so that she knew how much I liked her to eat in one day, plus keep Frog mentally active.

It is a small kennel with a maximum of 10 dogs, so they aren't pressed for time like larger kennels.

I don't mind if she doesn't use it I just dont want to come home to a fat dog, as she will gorge herself if given the opportunity.

I send blankies for them to sleep on, a dog coat for Zola in the winter and food for Zola as she has allergies....

Dont bother with toys as the kennels we use have toys and other dogs to play with!

I take their mattresses which are used on the kennel's trampoline beds, their food, treats and Casper's medication. They don't play with toys (even though the house is full of them!) but they have each other for company and plenty other dogs to keep them occupied.

I was wondering whether I should take their own bowls but since they haven't had a problem eating until now, I won't bother.

Oh, I also have a typed sheet with their feeding schedule and Casper's meds schedule as well as our vet's details and our phone numbers, as well as instructions on what do if Casper has a seizure. Probably overkill as most of the info is on their own forms as well.

I think we panic too much sometimes!

What do you take to the kennels for your dogs when you leave them there?

And kennel owners and workers what is too much or what don't you like people to take?

As a kennel worker I think the funniest thing was a toothbrush..... Also have seen people come in with alarm clocks, portable radios and even a couch :)

When I leave my dog at a kennel I send along his bed, and a favourite toy, as well as his own treats... Thats all he needs! :laugh: