Reasons To Desex A Male Dog

it's like any creature, even ourselves ... some are natural lovers, others need to be 'shown the ropes' ... there are plenty of stud dogs out there who at one point or another had no idea what they were doing and needed help, or still do just to mount and tie properly.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to comment on this thread...

My male Labrador (2.5 years old) is not desexed. I don't like the idea of desexing dogs. I am not a professional or anything, but like some of the people above, I also like my dog "natural".

I am getting another non-desexed male in a few months, an English Mastiff.

I would not change one little bit how my Labrador is, and would only desex if there was the potential for another dog to become pregnant, which there isn't in my case because I have complete control over my dog.

Don't like people that try to push others to desex their dogs, responsible dog owners should know if they want to / need to or not.

I wouldn't want anybody cutting my balls off, lets just say that :) As a male, my dog can consider I am sticking up for him :)

Edited by cybergenesis

Don't like people that try to push others to desex their dogs, responsible dog owners should know if they want to / need to or not.

I wouldn't want anybody cutting my balls off, lets just say that :) As a male, my dog can consider I am sticking up for him :)

I don't like people that draw paralels between their dog's sexuality and their own sexuality. Please don't talk about your testicles here.

I don't like people that draw paralels between their dog's sexuality and their own sexuality. Please don't talk about your testicles here.

Agreed..

A dog has no notion of the fact that he has testicles (let alone what their function is) and do not miss them in the slightest when they're gone.