What Makes A Show/s Popular With You?

poodlefan

But lets face it ... most of us are arm chair experts ... how many of us can actually truely claim to know everything there is to know about every breed in our chosen group - much less be an AB judge. I sit ringside regularly and say - "I don't know anything about XYZ breed, but I know what my eye likes" ... and sometimes the judge and I agree, but just as frequently I am wrong. I often get runner up correct so I am happy with my arm chair knowledge.

Agree, plus we don't go over the dog. You can make a reasonably educated guess about coat texture and you can see some weak points but in coated breeds there is a lot you can't see unless you go over the animal and you don't see inside the dog's mouth from the ringside.

And there are points on which it's reasonable to differ. A movement nut might do something different to someone who has a thing about heads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I think we have agreement that we can handle whatever the judge decides provided there's a clean loo nearby with toilet paper, soap and hand towels AND you can buy a decent coffee. :)

Edited by poodlefan

So I think we have agreement that we can handle whatever the judge decides provided there's a clean loo nearby with toilet paper, soap and hand towels AND you can buy a decent coffee. :)

...and the ring is big enough to run a hound in.