Ingen - International Genetics

shepherds

Wasn't Ingen the name of the company that cloned dinosaurs in Jurassic Park! :cry:

Clearly, they're planning on cloning dog/dinosaur hybrids. Things like the Labrasaurus Rex.

I think we all know how this is going to end.

This company offers DNA health testing for breeds that are not registered in ANKC and cross breeds!!! OMG :cry:

Circle the wagons!

Rip this company apart!

Attack!!!

Totally off topic,

What is of real interest is the number of companies now offering testing (though usually offering a rather limited selection of tests, so don't use these list of tests as disease level indicators to compared purebreds to cross breds or non ANKC breeds or you will end up looking pretty silly).

What will be really jaw dropping is if we start to see a reflection of this competition with much lower prices for DNA tests.

This would be fantastic for all dog owners.

I like their name too.

Totally off topic,

What is of real interest is the number of companies now offering testing (though usually offering a rather limited selection of tests, so don't use these list of tests as disease level indicators to compared purebreds to cross breds or non ANKC breeds or you will end up looking pretty silly).

What will be really jaw dropping is if we start to see a reflection of this competition with much lower prices for DNA tests.

This would be fantastic for all dog owners.

I like their name too.

Thanks guys - :cheer:

I was just checking as to whether they are legitimate as call me a cynic but their actual site didnt inspire me with confidence - nor did the name as I also had the whole Jurassic Park connection thought process happening......

Anyway.... Shortstep agree would be great if there was competition in this field... Im not sure of current pricing for some of the tests indicated ..... but if anyone has done any - or has that info...please feel free to share.

Cheers

Interestingly enough, labradoodles show more inherited diseases that standard poodles or labradors.

Do they really? Do you mean more types, or a higher incidence of disease? & could you post a source for it? I've never seen anything concrete.

I'm skeptical about DNA colour testing now.

Not this company mentioned, but two different companies did colour testing on Great Danes.

#1 was my dog - Results came back inconclusive ?? Isn't that why I paid so you could tell me 100% rather then me take a gamble.

#2 a friends was told her dog was Homozygous Black (would only sire black puppies) sired a fawn puppy!!!

Interestingly enough, labradoodles show more inherited diseases that standard poodles or labradors.

Do they really? Do you mean more types, or a higher incidence of disease? & could you post a source for it? I've never seen anything concrete.

They mean the list of tests recommended by this website for labradoodles is higher then the list of tests for labs alone or poodles alone. :thumbsup: