Litters Due In June 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Good luck Cavalblaze - hope the injections work for you and no more trips to the vet!!

Been a long night. Was about to say she is ok, but not so....back to the vet.

She isn't well, poor darling. Injections are working but they don't last if she feed pups.

So i am home for now, armed with more injections to give her and she is to not feed her puppies till we get her stablized. Vet saids maybe bring in 1-2 pups tomorrow and see how she goes.

At this stage in time i am going to be bottle feeding 6 puppies by myself.

Hope she is starting to pick up.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Cavalblaze - hope the injections work for you and no more trips to the vet!!

Been a long night. Was about to say she is ok, but not so....back to the vet.

She isn't well, poor darling. Injections are working but they don't last if she feed pups.

So i am home for now, armed with more injections to give her and she is to not feed her puppies till we get her stablized. Vet saids maybe bring in 1-2 pups tomorrow and see how she goes.

At this stage in time i am going to be bottle feeding 6 puppies by myself.

Thinking of you Cavalblaze

Very CUTE SPOT THE PUPPY ( my eyes were playing tricks on me ) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Very cute puppies, all look well too, including mum.

We are managing here, it's long day hand feeding 6 puppies, rotating them with mum so they all get a chance to feed.

She appears to be coping well, injections stop tommorrow so i hope we don't relaps. Started liquid calcium supplimenting today and changed food to tin puppy but as you can imagion that isn't to her liking which is how all these problems came about in the first place as she has picky eating habits.

Pups are ok, they haven't loss any weight to date so i will keep a eye on them. I feel the little one is actually enjoying all the extra attention. lol.

Pups are ok, they haven't loss any weight to date so i will keep a eye on them. I feel the little one is actually enjoying all the extra attention. lol.

Fingers crossed all goes well from here on in.

Fern is going great guns, I have just started to offer a bit of food to the pups to ease the burden on her a little.

My puppies are now 5 weeks and they are on 4 small meals a day, mum refuses to let them suckle any more and is trying very hard to avoid them, so I think it better to remove her to let her milk dry up.

One of the puppies developed Puppy Strangles on Saturday but thanks to quick action and the fact that I knew what it was, she is doing well and the swelling has all but disappeared.

I just wish this weather would improve so that I can get them outside, I can't remember the last time I saw the sun or a day when the wind didn't almost blow me away. :swear:

Ours are 5 1/2 weeks here and going great guns. On 3 meals a day, mum has had enough of feeding them but still wants to be with them. Cant have one without hte other! have been meaning to post piccies but been busy. Will try over hte next day or so.

Ok so I finally got my photobucket account so going to see if this works:

Nope that was hopeless back to the drawing board

do you know how to send photo's via email? if so I can put them up for you. Will PM you

Hello fellow June thread members,

Hope all your puppies are thriving and growing into lovely little dogs.

Ours have started solids, little buggers make such a mess but that's part of the learning process.

We now have potential homes for 5 of the pups, just dear little Jorja the runt of the litter remains unspoken for.

Photo of them doing what they do best, sleeping!

Puppies4weeksgroupphoto.jpg

THey are huge Rebanne!! How is mum coping?

Fern's cracked it to a certain extent. She is still cleaning up after them but only feeds them when I tell her too. I think she finds them a bit overwhelming when they fall upon her like famished sharks! She is much happier when I have fed them first and they aren't so frantic.