Litters Due In June 2011

Bilbo Baggins

My little boy with the very short tail has some problems, he is bunny hopping and falls over, very hard to tell until they were more mobile, he is so beautiful and other than his being uncoordinated he is a regular puppy eating well and trying to play with the others BUT I think he will have to be put to sleep, :cry: :cry: :cry:

:grouphug: sorry Fordogs

sorry to here fordogs :mad

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My little boy with the very short tail has some problems, he is bunny hopping and falls over, very hard to tell until they were more mobile, he is so beautiful and other than his being uncoordinated he is a regular puppy eating well and trying to play with the others BUT I think he will have to be put to sleep, :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am very emotional about this puppy ( love his determination and courage ) but I do have to think about his quality of life, he has become much stronger over the last few days but I don't think that is sufficient excuse to keep him going will take him to the vet tomorrow or Friday and see what he thinks.

Hopefully the vet will be able to give you a good prognosis. It's amazing how quickly you become attached to them.

Penny is at the vet today having the abcess drained from her teat the result of her mastitis. Fingers crossed she will be feeling much better by tonight. :thumbsup:

I am very emotional about this puppy ( love his determination and courage ) but I do have to think about his quality of life, he has become much stronger over the last few days but I don't think that is sufficient excuse to keep him going will take him to the vet tomorrow or Friday and see what he thinks.

:grouphug: Fordogs.

I recall reading online that a problem with the tail can indicate problems with the spine.

No puppies for us unless you include the phantom ones that Maddie now has after a phantom labour last Wednesday :mad

So sorry ophie. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks BB, this is the fourth season in a row that she has done this to us :mad Now to see if the other bitch that has been mated is in whelp. Will add her to the August thread if she is!!!

Beautiful babies Cavelblaze, Isn't it amazing how suddenly the little ones catch up and very soon you will have to actually look very hard to pick her out.

At the moment in the litter she is a bit of a stand out as her sister is 710grm were she is only 386grms. :eek:

The rest are up in the very high 500- 600 bracket so she does look really tiny amoungst them. :o But you are right she is hitting her milestones in development and i hope come 6 weeks i won't tell her apart from the rest. :thumbsup:

My little boy was given his wings today, :rainbowbridge: , he also had a deformity of his pelvis.

((((((((Fordogs))))))))

Penny is feeling much better, though the drain they put in didn't even last the night. It was hanging out this morning so took the stitch out, she slept on my bed so fairly certain she didn't pull it out.

Pups are weaned, have stopped the Divetlact for the next couple of days and they will just be having mushy dried food to try and clear up their loose stools.

My little boy was given his wings today, :rainbowbridge: , he also had a deformity of his pelvis.

((((((((Fordogs))))))))

Penny is feeling much better, though the drain they put in didn't even last the night. It was hanging out this morning so took the stitch out, she slept on my bed so fairly certain she didn't pull it out.

Pups are weaned, have stopped the Divetlact for the next couple of days and they will just be having mushy dried food to try and clear up their loose stools.

Glad Penny is better - please give her big hugs from me.

Swear dogs must know it's me coming along in the car. :driving:

I just rescued a Cavalier off the middle of the road a inch of being hit by passing cars, along with its friend a bouncing a spinger spaniel. :eek:

Thankfully a lady walking her poodle came along and told me the dogs belong to the house on the corner. All home safe and sound but they better count their lucky stars as it was certainly was a very close call. :scold:

Emergancy tonight.

Eclampsia or otherwise known as Milk fever. Big litter and a small dog with massive utters so she has a overflow of milk supply. Hopefully caught it early stages so i'm hoping it can be controlled via calcium supplements. But for now i am doing injections overnight, time will tell. I'm home for now, see how she goes with me playing vet nurse but if i see any more down hill signs back in emergancy and have bottle feed pups.

Good luck Cavalblaze - hope the injections work for you and no more trips to the vet!!

Been a long night. Was about to say she is ok, but not so....back to the vet.

Edited by Cavalblaze

Good luck Cavalblaze - hope the injections work for you and no more trips to the vet!!

Been a long night. Was about to say she is ok, but not so....back to the vet.

She isn't well, poor darling. Injections are working but they don't last if she feed pups.

So i am home for now, armed with more injections to give her and she is to not feed her puppies till we get her stablized. Vet saids maybe bring in 1-2 pups tomorrow and see how she goes.

At this stage in time i am going to be bottle feeding 6 puppies by myself.