Crate Divider Help

kirst_goldens

Could you use something like chicken wire (you can get sturdier wire from bunnings as well)?

i used a step i purchased from ikea.

IMG_2109-1.jpg

however you can still fit a big dog in the with it, as seen below

IMG_2120.jpg

:happydance::happydance:

thanks guys!! i might check out bunnings for the wire :happydance::)

SHazza, i have a 42 inch crate and a golden puppy so she will have too much room and may use half the crate as a toilet so ill divide the crate until she is bigger then she can have the whole crate :happydance:

kirst, i've never bothered with a crate divider and i've raised quite a few goldies in crates. My first was a nightmare as she just didn't get NOT to poo in her crate LOL (then lie in it! eewww). All of the others have been fantastic - my last 3 pups didn't toilet in the crate at all. A few nights we had to go outside in the middle of the night, but we made it!

I've never used a crate divider, pups have always gone into full size crates. I use the alarm to wake up twice over night for toilet trips at the beginning, the crate is set up in my bed room so I can hear them if they need out at other times. During the day they are rarely in the crate.

When I got my GSD pup I used some old cushions under the blankets but up around the side of the crate ... to take up some extra space and to provide some extra comfy padding for the little bundle to curl up. He also had his teddy bear and a couple of toys ... and suddenly an XLarge cate seems a bit too small ...

I ended up having to get an XXLarge crate not long after he came home.