Treats For Allergies

I tried to do a search on this, but couldnt really find much.

My 6mo BC pup has very bad food allergies and I was wondering what exactly I could give him as treats.

His main diet is Eukanuba puppy dry food, along with lamb bones/chicken necks & frames. He seems to tolerate that very well, so after research we have come to the conclusion that he is allergic to beef and the colours and preservatives that are in almost all treats!!

Any ideas appreciated, purchasing online not an issue. I would like treats that can be cut up into small pieces as I like to use them in his training and obviously dont want huge pieces for that.

I was thinking of buying a food dehydrator to fry my own chicken etc. Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks

I was thinking of buying a food dehydrator to fry my own chicken etc. Has anyone done this successfully?

Yes, I dry liver, fish and heart for my dog. Goes down a treat. Have to cut them into thin strips, and dry until they're very dry, or they won't keep properly & will go off.

You can also use frozen Sardines, dried fish, dried goat, dried roo or cheese, or lamb fry cooked. I give all of these to my dog, he is allergic to chicken, beef, turkey, wheat, grains, soy and and and ...... list is to long to type the rest lol.

there is a new treat out they are called fruitables and they contain no wheat,corn,soy artificial ingredients,colour or preservatives

mine have the pumpkin and banana mix and love them

they are only small about size of 10 cent peice I guess :thumbsup:

One of our German Shepherds has severe protein allergies and his list of banned foods is as long as my arm.

We had no end of problems trying to offer a varied diet until we found Happy Paws Treats (they advertise on here) which has a huge range of training sized dried treats that are 100% pure (no additives) and they make it themselves so have full quality control over the product.

We also use products from D4DOGZ (also advertise on DOL) which also has a huge range of treats from alternate animals (eg crocodile) but if you want them for training, you'd have to cut them up to the size you need. D4DOGZ treats are also 100% pure and they now also have a physical store in Beechworth VIC.

Both online stores have excellent service and fast reliable delivery. I'm more than happy to fully recommend both.

We also make a range of 100% natural treats that are made from human grade meats and the dogs LOVE them :thumbsup: We started making them because one of our dogs is highly allergic to many different products and can't tolerate any artificial additives.

Edited by ophnbark