Klee Kai In Aus

beau7

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just look like Huskies?

They're a lot smaller. A female Husky should be 20-22" tall, whereas a Klee Kai ranges from 13" to 17", depending on whether it's a toy, mini or standard. They also have a completely different temperament to a Husky, and they MUST have a face mask, whereas a Husky doesn't need to have one.

It'd be impossible to get ANKC recognition at the moment. They're only UKC recognised, not AKC, and they still don't breed really true to type.

Ah, I didn't know. Thanks for that.

Veeeery expensive pets.... at least they're recouping their money by breeding. :)

It'd be interesting to know whether their masks change like Husky masks do - as a pup Akira's mask looked exactly the same as the puppies, but now it's a lot lighter and finer.

Not sure I'd want one - they're extremely wary of strangers and they tend to be a bit high strung, so not really the ideal temperament to live with.

The breeder in the US probably isn't entirely ethical either, knowing they were to be shipped to a country with no hope of recognition.

And surely must have known the importer's intention to sell them all for a quick buck.

ETA - Actually the breeder is probably doing everyone a favour by selling all the pups... no chance of a brother/sister, father/daughter or mother/son mating....

Edited by Paptacular!

She had the bitch mated in the US and then sells all 4 puppies??

Aha! Well, she's sold three of them, a fourth is still for sale. Sorry, but the point of her breeding them was?????

$$$$$$$$$$

$4000 for an unregistered "breed" of dog.....some buyers truly are idiots :)

The breeder in the US probably isn't entirely ethical either, knowing they were to be shipped to a country with no hope of recognition.

And surely must have known the importer's intention to sell them all for a quick buck.

ETA - Actually the breeder is probably doing everyone a favour by selling all the pups... no chance of a brother/sister, father/daughter or mother/son mating....

She is also selling them entire......mmm how long till Klee Kai crosses are being sold? Give it a year and the puppy buyers may try to recoup the ridiculous cost of their first dog.

It'd be interesting to know whether their masks change like Husky masks do

My boy had a beautiful mask.....old age / white hair has gotten rid of that unfortunately....

My girl is only a year old and is already very light under her eyes and getting white hairs down her nose. I jokingly told the OH I was going to pluck to white hairs out but he wouldn't let me. :)