How Do I Get Rid Of A Mouse Outside

I have seen shadows for a while as I go outside from my lounge room door. My lounge room has floor to ceiling windows and door so I se a lot from where I sit and see the little mouse dart back and forth .Now my problem is How to get rid of mouse with out bait or trap.Is it safe to let a mouse run around do they spread disease I have inside cats but my dogs are in and out all day long and walk the same path as the liitle mouse Help any suggestions appreciated

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have one chances are you have more. We had a slight overabundance of them for a while and so we moved the rabbit food into mouse proof containers and put some humane mouse traps out. The trap caught one, the dogs caught one, I caught one, and then we didn't see so many. There are definitely loads still around, but as long as they aren't inside or gnawing through the dogs' treat pouches I'm not that fussed.

I have floor to ceiling windows too, and i used to see a little mouse often sitting amongst the gardenia's looking in.

One day the kids told me there was a mouse at the front door, i opened it, and sure enough it was sitting on the mat on its hind legs :grouphug:

I have baits in my garage and around the house under furniture, behind the tv etc.

I don't like traps either - I know they're sensible but I'm just too soft to set them. :grouphug:

You can get electronic plug in noise maker things that supposedly makes ultrasonic noises to keep the mice away, my folks have one, no idea how well they work but they don't often get mice at their house.

I don't like traps either - I know they're sensible but I'm just too soft to set them. :)

You can get electronic plug in noise maker things that supposedly makes ultrasonic noises to keep the mice away, my folks have one, no idea how well they work but they don't often get mice at their house.

I can't look at at a dead mouse in a trap & always have to get my OH to dispose of it. :D

It freaks me out when one of my Aussies kills a mouse & brings it to me for a present. ;) I thought cats only did that, but my Aussies do it too...they always look so proud of themselves. :grouphug:

Get a deep plastic container with straight sides. Put a bag or two of chook food inside and leave where mouse is overnight. Check in the morning, lift the bags of chook food out and you should be left with a number of live rodents who got in the box but can't get out.

Get your dog and go "Sic 'em Rex!" (or Benson, as in my case) and the mouse problem should be solved promptly. If your dog's not up to the task (Dusty isn't, she does the girly thing....jump back and go "eeeek") get someone elses dog or go save a cat from the pound and put it to work.

We have now dealt with 6 mice with this method, in the past week. Benson is now known in our house as "The Mouse Whisperer".

Edited by GayleK

I don't like traps either - I know they're sensible but I'm just too soft to set them. :grouphug:

They don't.