Dog Attack?

d22

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick to criticize somethings we dont know, Energy and emotional healing is Reiki its a Japanese healing method that channels energy Masters is what he is certified and is studying Dog Psychology from Uk, I have worked with Tony and he is a very good friend of mine, his techs are very similar to cesar however they work and work fast.

It is a trite noticeable that you are the one person.....a giveaway perhaps is that you didn't change your profile info.

If you came to this forum with the intent of promoting the reliability of your "business" you have certainly failed.

There are other more adult ways of debating differences on forums rather than conjouring up facticious support persons. I'd say grow up!!

And your advice is just dangerous......how simple is that!!

Edited by shyfig

Takes all kinds!!

Sorry about your experience it can be very frightening.

What I have done in the past is put my pram brake on and move a short distance away from it as long as the dog appears to be interested in attacking my dog, if It seems human aggressive you of course do not go anywhere.

Stand infront of your dog - if you can get it to sit and stay, if not just hold it there. Hands on hips, feet slightly apart, look at it and "roar" and I mean get a lung full of air and mean it- a roar that means if you come near me or my family I will take you apart limb from limb! If in the rare case this does not work you do what you need to and yes on two seperate occassions I have used my boot and it only took one kick.

Goodluck with your walk this afternoon and I hope you both have nice peaceful walks in future.

Edited by OSoSwift

Tony, why do you advertise on Gumtree that you are in Victoria, but your avatar info on DOL says you are based in Manly in Sydney?

Oh, and why was your last attempt at joining in on DOL discussions, by advertsing your 'services' deleted?

Edited by ~Anne~

Tony, why do you advertise on Gumtree that you are in Victoria, but your avatar info on DOL says you are based in Manly in Sydney?

Oh, and why was your last attempt at joining in on DOL discussions, by advertsing your 'services' deleted?

Maybe he's in Melbourne but his 'friend' is in Sydney? :birthday:

Takes all kinds!!

Sorry about your experience it can be very frightening.

What I have done in the past is put my pram brake on and move a short distance away from it as long as the dog appears to be interested in attacking my dog, if It seems human aggressive you of course do not go anywhere.

Stand infront of your dog - if you can get it to sit and stay, if not just hold it there. Hands on hips, feet slightly apart, look at it and "roar" and I mean get a lung full of air and mean it- a roar that means if you come near me or my family I will take you apart limb from limb! If in the rare case this does not work you do what you need to and yes on two seperate occassions I have used my boot and it only took one kick.

Goodluck with your walk this afternoon and I hope you both have nice peaceful walks in future.

Sorry, D22, was momentarily distracted by the funny man... :thanks:

You came for advice...

What OSoSwift said is very good advice. :birthday:

I have done this often to good effect.

Please, dont listen to the nutter advocating poking a strange dog!!! :provoke:

Which friend, Tony or.. what was the other one called... umm.. Tony?

Actually I am not sure if he made it into the deleted thread... I only know how to look at a single cached page and so i can't read the next 2 pages to see why it was delted. :0

Actually I am not sure if he made it into the deleted thread... I only know how to look at a single cached page and so i can't read the next 2 pages to see why it was delted. :0

Yes Anne - pretty sure he had a mention in that thread.

Welcome D22

Was the attacking dog entire? I have watched many episodes of Bondi Vet and would be happy to share what I've learnt about desexing techniques :provoke:

... and now i have coke splatter all over my keyboard reading this :birthday:

d22....just ignore the posts and side arguments that have nothing to do with your questions....it will just confuse you as a newcomer to DOL. :birthday:

As for did you do the right thing in kicking the other dog....absolutely! As your dog was tied to the pram, it could have become nasty if your dog decided it had had enough of the attack and fought back, or attempted to bolt. Better the attacking dog get hurt than your baby..or dog.

Hopefully you will not meet this dog again...but if so, keeping the lead around your wrist would be better, step out in front of thepram and dog and sternly tell the dog to 'Stay' or stop in as deep a voice as you can. Try not to look scared or timid.

I'm glad your dog is OK.

I hope it doesn't happen again...as I imagine it was a very scary experience for you. :provoke:

He was mentioned, but did he actually take part in it? The thread was started a couple of weeks ago by someone asking if he was for real or if it was a scammer or similar.

He was mentioned, but did he actually take part in it? The thread was started a couple of weeks ago by someone asking if he was for real or if it was a scammer or similar.

sorry, my mistake. Since he was in this one so fast if he wasn't involved in the other thread I would bet he knew about it.

In all serious though, I agree with what most of the others have said. It sounds like a scary situation to be in and you did what you had to in order to get the other dog away from yours.

To The Aussie Dog Whisperer - I appreciate that you're trying to help D22 with your advice but just be careful putting that sort of advice out there on a public internet forum, especially when advertising yourself as a professional. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but if someone took your advice and was hurt, you could be sued.