Add From Classifieds

LouBon

I was looking through the local onlice classifieds ( canberra ) and saw this....... :hug:

"Five yr old golden male cocker spaniel available for stud duties. Beautiful looking, wonderful temperment, excellent example of breed. Our vet recommended we breed from him as he was the best cocker she had come across in her practice."

......I didn't know vets were breed assessors now.

I came across a good add in the paper today, it was for a crossbreed litter and in big, bold letters underneath the 2 breeds involved was

"HIGHBREED"

took me a while to realised they meant hybrid and not a kennel name! lol I hadn't had my coffee at that point!

Some of the wosrt encouragers of BYB/DD are vets.

In our breed we have a massive number of vets breeding for the pet market ,one was very proud to inform all it paid for the kids private school.

Last week alone we had 3 vets wanting a breeding bitch .

Not one asked about health testing,lines or the likes just wanted a bitch

What Showdog said, some vets are deep into the puppy farming/byb business. There is a local radio vet here who I have heard extoll the benefits of her clients byb crossbreeding efforts on several occassions, she's positively anti-registered breeder in her comments.

Dr. Ron Wells, veterinarian and former Liberal MP used to own a puppy farm near Ballarat, Victoria. Apparently around 150 dogs were kept there for breeding puposes and the puppies were sent to pet shops around Victoria.