Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised i am next :D

And are you all organised?

I put the pig rails in the whelping box today and the vet bed and set up the heat lamp so we are all good to go. I do need to put away the clothes that have been dropped on the spare mattress though and make that up so I have somewhere to sleep.

I am fairly organised... I just spent half an hour unfolding and piling up newspapers while Ari snoozed in her whelping box. I have all the blankets and towels in a plastic container ready to go, the "incubator" is full of towels and hot water bottles, the spare kettle is set up and all my supplies are set up on my grooming table. I've checked that the torch works, and have a spare. Checked the batteries for the scales, and have spares. All my supplies are pretty much set up the way I need them. I am waiting on a few more supplies to be delivered and I'm hoping I'll get them this week... the only one I really need is the stuff from SwaY's site cos it is the calcium sandoz but the other stuff isn't so urgent.

Im a little annoyed that i cant seem to find any beef liver which I wanted to have on hand just in case.

I'm borrowing a camera from a friend who has a GOOD camera, and she'll bring it with her as she is assisting with the whelping. The bed is made up in the room right next door. I am fairly sure there are things i am forgetting but no doubt that will come up right when i need it :eyeroll: I still have to buy some snacks for the humans :wave:

I took Ari's photos this afternoon and her belly is very round and dropped - she has her waist back! I'll post the photos tomorrow :cry:

How is Piper doing?

Sounding good!

Thanks for reminding me to keep an eye out for beef liver. I might have to shop at Woolworths, hate our local but they often have beef when my normal place only has lamb.

Jazz seems to be swelling daily, I can't imagine how big she will be in 2 weeks. I have put her onto puppy food now and 3 to 4 meals a day. Everyone tells me she still looks to be in great condition. I'm worried about over feeding though as I don't want excess weight but on the other hand with 8 or 9 pups in there I don't want her losing too much condition either.

I'm lucky I don't need to get too much as the friend who lent me the whelping box gave me her whelping kit as well. I do want to get calcium sandoz though.

:cry: piper i was lying in bed last night and it suddenly clicked I called Jazz Piper!! :wave: yes, I think about DOL when I am going to sleep at night!! anyway, so I'm sorry, I did mean Jazz!!

I have been told if she puts on too much weight not to worry as diet can sort that out later once the puppies are weaned, so I woudln't worry too much about excess weight. i wasn't that happy as Ari has a fair bit of excess weight on her ribs but my breeder told me not to worry.

I'll post the new photos of Ari soon.

Edited by SparkyTansy

:o piper i was lying in bed last night and it suddenly clicked I called Jazz Piper!! :rofl: yes, I think about DOL when I am going to sleep at night!! anyway, so I'm sorry, I did mean Jazz!!

I have been told if she puts on too much weight not to worry as diet can sort that out later once the puppies are weaned, so I woudln't worry too much about excess weight. i wasn't that happy as Ari has a fair bit of excess weight on her ribs but my breeder told me not to worry.

I'll post the new photos of Ari soon.

LOL - Piper is my other girl so I knew what you meant :rofl: She is 10 and desexed though so definitely not her!! LOL

I am sure with a large litter that extra weight will fall away while feeding pups but I figure it is better for her for whelping if she does not have excess weight and still has good muscle tone.

Ari is looking great! :laugh:

Wow cute Staffy puppies and so chunky.

ST she doesnt look fat she just looks like shes having a few.

Sabi when scanned they seen at least 8 woppers he was shocked when we said she was only 4wks but our bitches normally have puppies weight in 500-700gms each.

Here is Wasabi at 7.5 wks, ill try get a standing one on the weekend

post-15158-1304597780_thumb.jpg

weiz Sabi looks great :heart: I was shocked too when I saw the pic on FB you posted. I looked at Ari who was around the same and thought she looked tiny in comparison. She is a maiden though I guess. Good luck for Sabi :heart: I'm sure she'll have some gorgeous bubbas!!

Wow cute Staffy puppies and so chunky.

ST she doesnt look fat she just looks like shes having a few.

Sabi when scanned they seen at least 8 woppers he was shocked when we said she was only 4wks but our bitches normally have puppies weight in 500-700gms each.

Here is Wasabi at 7.5 wks, ill try get a standing one on the weekend

Oh my goodness, she is looking big!! Seems like we have a few big litters due in here. What is her due date?

Ok, we have a belly pic worthy of sharing now! 7 weeks today:

5699082826_c9e03ae5e6_z.jpg

Every Sunday I have taken a side profile shot of her standing on the grooming table. It doesn't show as much change as I expected it to (even though I cann feel and see the changes) however the big difference today was she could not even get on the grooming table. I lifted her up - man is she heavy!! Next week will be on the ground I think.

Ok, we have a belly pic worthy of sharing now! 7 weeks today:

5699082826_c9e03ae5e6_z.jpg

Every Sunday I have taken a side profile shot of her standing on the grooming table. It doesn't show as much change as I expected it to (even though I cann feel and see the changes) however the big difference today was she could not even get on the grooming table. I lifted her up - man is she heavy!! Next week will be on the ground I think.

YAY jazz and her belly!!!

Well Ari is giving me a few mixed signals... temp drops, goes back up, panting starts, then she goes to sleep... this morning, though, her temp was 37.0 and stayed that way from 12am to this morning... who knows....

she is biting the other dogs heads off this morning... pretty sure she is very over it!!

Hey all thought I'd give you a quick update with piccies to come... Ari is doing great we had 8 puppies 6 boys 2 girls but one little boy didn't make it :(

Ari is a great mum taking it all in her stride. piccies to come.

Congratulations!! :champagne: Looking forward to the pics and getting even more scared about how many Jazz is hiding as the estimate for yours was 5 or 6 wasn't it?