Full Moon Tomorrow Night!

Kirislin

Tomorrow night will be a "super moon" so called because it's very close to the Earth. I thought it might be a good opportunity for those who are interested to try taking pics of it.

The best pics I managed were with my 400D and the cheapie kit lens the 75-300 non IS. I've tried with my new camera and lens without success but I suspect if I'd applied some mozzie repellant I might have been more patient and had a steadier hand.

OOhhh thanks for that, I better make sure my camera is charged. I dont have my kids this weekend so I might head out if the cloud breaks up and see what I can come up with!

:(

This was my only attempt at shooting the moon taken awhile back If I could get some cloud in on a shot like that Id be a happy camper

149088_10150123149773079_835303078_7854180_6841116_n.jpg

Edited by lic_82

I did a bit of googling and came up with

exposure 1/125

ISO 100

App f11

manual focus

and then fiddle around from here to get the best

I am very very very new to manually taking photos so was looking forward to playing around with moon photos, but it is very cloudy / raining here so don't think it will be any good tonight :confused:

DA took an awesome photo in the Jan challenge, so I'm going to try and go by her settings but I don't think it'll work since we have different cameras. I don't have a tripod either. This will be a challenge! :confused:

I went outside and had a quick try. We had clouds last night but they were very light and gave a cool effect but it didn't even show up on the photo.

I started with the settings mtd posted but it was so bright that there was no detail on the moon so I upped the shutter speed. These were hand help using my 70-300 at 300.

5541412286_f066582608_z.jpg">