Ceramic Dog Bowl

Guest english.ivy

Guest english.ivy

I knocked Ivys bowl off her stand the other day and it went smash, opps! So I'd like to buy her a new one, but nothing I've found in the shops jump out at me. Just had a quick look online and nothing again is jumping out.

Does anyone know of any websites to buy my Miss Ivy a new bowl? Something that is heavy and good quality and a lil bit fancy but not too expensive. I will make sure I don't drop it this time.

If there are different colours I'd buy Badger one too, why not hey!

The bowl is for their food :laugh: So prefer a round bowl as I think she'd get peeved off licking food out of a corner, I know I would.

I need heavy bowls for my newfies.....I found beautiful Glazed blue pottery or terra cotta plant bowls that did not have a hole. And the Nursery sold them cheap to me. We have head the a long time now and they keep the water cool and are to heavy to knock over. They do require a two handed lift though to refill :laugh:

Careful using glazed bowls not approved for food...the glazes may not be safe and can leach heavy metals into the food or water.

I need heavy bowls for my newfies.....I found beautiful Glazed blue pottery or terra cotta plant bowls that did not have a hole. And the Nursery sold them cheap to me. We have head the a long time now and they keep the water cool and are to heavy to knock over. They do require a two handed lift though to refill :laugh:

You could pop to your local pottery group and see if one of the better potters could make you a coil bowl (much more sturdy than one thrown on the wheel)).

Us-potter-type-people no longer use lead/heavy metal based glazes (though they are still available) and at least you will know you have a food-safe bowl.

ask the costs of making one while you are there, as some potters think their work is worth heaps more than it should be :-D

Guest english.ivy

I've used these for my parrots food and they get really festy after awhile.

Might just keep an eye out, good excuse to go visit the fancy pet stores around Perth. I'm also heading down south in three weeks, might hold off as I could find something down there.

Must be the time for dog bowls, lots of interesting ideas in Husky thread, I'll go look there ..