Dog Bowls

huski

I mostly want nice looking bowls because they are in our house and I want something that looks nice. They don't have to be expensive, but I'm bored with stainless steel.

Nothing wrong with being house proud Corvus :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point having the flashest harness if its connected to a cheap leash!

:) Our leashes get a lot of abuse and I've never had one abruptly fail on me. So there is a point as far as I'm concerned: a cheap leash does the job, and I don't have to worry about whether it's got wet and then dragged through sand, got the clip clogged up, or the handle dunked in seawater. They hold together remarkably well IME. For the harnesses and collars it's more about the dogs' comfort and safety.

I have the bowls pip has. They don't skid and don't chip. I like 'em. :thumbsup:

Perhaps a cheap leash "does the job" but I'd NEVER rely on one.

For me good quality leashes and collars are a necessity not a luxury. It's not about how they look but how they perform and having the confidence that these tools will hold up no matter what.

I don't take chances anymore with crappy collars and leashes especially on untrained dogs. I had a cheap collar on my BC when he was a pup (4 months, as I was going to replace it as he got bigger) but he pulled and the D ring broke!!! :thumbsup: This was in a caravan park with a pup with no recall :( :( Quick thinking and pretend bribery got him back but I learned a lesson that day! Who would have thought the metal would fall apart????

No point having the flashest harness if its connected to a cheap leash!

:) Our leashes get a lot of abuse and I've never had one abruptly fail on me. So there is a point as far as I'm concerned: a cheap leash does the job, and I don't have to worry about whether it's got wet and then dragged through sand, got the clip clogged up, or the handle dunked in seawater. They hold together remarkably well IME. For the harnesses and collars it's more about the dogs' comfort and safety.

The more dogs you work with and around, the more chance you will have in witnessing leash (and/or collar) failure. It definitely does happen. I hope you continue to be fortunate enough to never have this occur to you. It's dangerous for the dog and dangerous for the handler.